MS Certification, where to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPuNKYbd

In Runtime
Hi i was looking to get some microsoft certifications. I applied at PcProschools, where they give you 4 in sixth months, i got all excited and was rated an above average computer user on thier little scale.

They cost about $20k for this class... I cant afford this at 19 and a 9.50 an hour job. They dropped it to about $13k with the scholarships i was eligable for bu then i needed a co-signer. MY parents lost thier house in the whole reccession my sister owes money for her college courses and my dad's a POS.

So i was wondering where i could go for online courses, I looked at MS's site and cant see a clear "Sign up" section. Its all just IT course info blah blah blah.

So if anyone could help me out by pointing me in the right direction, Please do so =].

Have you checked into some community colleges in your area? Getting a degree is going to help you out quite a bit more than a certification when you are looking for a job to be honest. I say community college because it's typically much cheaper than a University. This link should get you started with some certification info though. Hope that helps you out.

http://www.mcse-training-classes.com/

I live in grand rapids michigan, that place is for lansing and detroit, a little out of my reach lol.

I was thinking community college but i wanted something like the 6 month course so i could try and do something with it soon... I guess 2 years isnt that long...

Well that kind of sucks. I did another quick google and came up with some computer related schools in the Michigan area. They have a place called New Horizons CLC in the Grand Rapid area. Maybe you could check into them if that's closer to you.

http://www.computertrainingschools.com/search/by-location/MI.html

I understand you want to get out there fast but I think you'll find that getting a full degree vs a cert is going to be better in the long run. You might have a crappy job for a little longer but you'll land a much better job after you graduate.

Thats much better thanks =D Everytime i google this stuff i get really iffy looking websites... lol.

don't spend $20k getting MS certifications.

you can study at home from $20 books and just take the exams at any exam centre, (there are loads dotted around the country).

I think that the most intenst MS Certs require 7 exams? which in britain at least is a total cost of £700 (as it's about £100 per exam).
definitely not $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom