Military kids, and why they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.

i couldnt disagree with that any more.. total rubbish IMO

1) I've been to the US, Egypt twice, all over the UK, France, Belgium, going to Canada next summer, I've seen quite a bit of the world..
2) languages get taught in school.. i learnt German, French and Latin in school.. I've also been on French exchanges (three or four times)
3) Not always good.. you need a good childhood..
4) Fair point, but there are alot of good quality public schools out there.. and with your 'best educate system in the world' they haven't done a great job with your spelling of education ;) lol (that one was a joke btw..)
5) Anything to back this up?? sorry, but I fail to believe that one..

you cannot judge a person growing up in a military background as 'better' than a person growing up in a civilian background, for one thing, if your from a military background, your parents could be transferred anywhere, and you would most probably have to go with them too..

sorry, but i totally disagree that kids raised in a military background are somehow 'better'.

Your in europe, this is mainly refering to Americans.

1) Your in europe
2) Yes, but fluently?
3) You have a good child hood, just not one with the folks around 24/7.
4)I've always had a spelling disability with spelling and so forth, however I have only been in a militarty school for 3 years of my entire schooling. So heh, not DOD educated throughout but when I went from a DOD school to a public I was ahead until about 6th grade went to public in 3rd.
5) Military parents are in a structed society. Example there is a chain of command, which is established very clearly, as it is in my house as well. But some examples. My teacher once told me, he worked in apublic and military school, MILITARY IS SO MUCH EASIER. Because he knows when he rings up that house he is going get a responsbile mature adult. But in public schools theres no telling who his parents are going be like, maybe they will be just as stupid as their kid who knows.

Also again this mainly refering to AMERICANS, not europeans. For the most part Europeans are so close together its difficult to not regurally run into someone that isn't from your country.

Also when I said 40% can speak a 2nd language, i'm implying that they SPEAK IT FLUENTLY. Or at least darn close. I know a girl speaks 4 languages, German, English, itlian, and Spanish. Mainly because her mom is from italy, she lives in germany, and learned spanish well living in spain. And english is a easy one to figure out.

Also you may of visited other countries, but have you lived in other countries? AS A YOUNG CHILD, where you soak up information like crazy.

My selection is limited to some of my freinds, however i've lived in Guam, in 2 different locations in Germany, 3 if you count my grandmas, all over the states, and a for a short period of time in Japan.

Nik00117 said:
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.

im not quite sure i agree either and I am from the united states...
1: I cant say I have been around the world and back BUT... I DO know what is going on and I DO have an idea what life is like outside of this country...
2: I hear different languages everyday...I am currently working as a CO-OP engineer from Drexel University in Philadelphia...and at my current job we have customer fly in from all parts of the world...but guess what...not only do they speak there native language but they also speak english...
3: I grew up because I knew it was time... people grow up at different rates and I would love for you to explain to me why you "have" to grow up...
4: I am sorry but my friends mom is a teacher and she makes over 70k a year... (are they making 130k+?????) and the school system i graduated from is ranked damn high in the country...hell my tech program does nano fibers...try and find another HIGH SCHOOL that has a laser lathe...and spins nanofibers and gets grants from the government...again im sorry good day sir...
5: My parents are not weak by anymeans...and im sorry but your parents in the military probably depended on some of my dads designs at one point in time since LOG amps are in almost anything now a days...yeah he designed mil spec log amps for a missle (to be honest i forget which one but if you really need to know i can find out) (for some reason im thinking tomahawk)...

yeah im sorry but I couldnt disagree more...

I've found that a lot of these are based on everyone's own experience. So it doesn't make any of them right or wrong.

1: I cant say I have been around the world and back BUT... I DO know what is going on and I DO have an idea what life is like outside of this country...
2: I hear different languages everyday...I am currently working as a CO-OP engineer from Drexel University in Philadelphia...and at my current job we have customer fly in from all parts of the world...but guess what...not only do they speak there native language but they also speak english...
3: I grew up because I knew it was time... people grow up at different rates and I would love for you to explain to me why you "have" to grow up...
4: I am sorry but my friends mom is a teacher and she makes over 70k a year... (are they making 130k+?????) and the school system i graduated from is ranked damn high in the country...hell my tech program does nano fibers...try and find another HIGH SCHOOL that has a laser lathe...and spins nanofibers and gets grants from the government...again im sorry good day sir...
5: My parents are not weak by anymeans...and im sorry but your parents in the military probably depended on some of my dads designs at one point in time since LOG amps are in almost anything now a days...yeah he designed mil spec log amps for a missle (to be honest i forget which one but if you really need to know i can find out) (for some reason im thinking tomahawk)...

1. Having an idea, and living it are too different things.
2. You said your highschool is extremely high end, implying not avegerage.
3. Again, you come from a above noraml faimly/community.
4. Again you stated your school is on the higher level teachers avg about 40-50k a year. Over here in europe 70k a year or darn close to 100k. Also your school is a EXTERME expection
5. Great, but is every parent in your school just as strict. Or just as high end. What about the mom and pop who work down at the local car dealership?

I have no idea whether you are right or wrong.

However, when it comes to learning other languages, I think you would do better to consentrate on English.

You're or you are, not your. They mean completely different things.
Pronouns have a capital.
I has a capital.
Civlians, unless at the start of a sentence, doesn't. (Ditto teachers)

This is not spelling, this is basic grammar, without a grasp of which it is impossible to make yourself intelligible in any language.

I may be being harsh, as I have no idea how old you are, though I am presuming you are quite young.

I am glad you enjoy your life, but I am less than impressed that you assume your upbringing has been superior to mine, or anyone else's.

The Sheep said:
I have no idea wether you are right or wrong.

However, when it comes to learning other languages, I think you would do better to consentrate on English.

You're or you are, not your. They mean completely different things.
Pronouns have a capital.
I has a capital.
Civlians, unless at the start of a sentence, doesn't. (Ditto teachers)

This is not spelling, this is basic grammar, without a grasp of which it is impossible to make yourself intelligible in any language.

I may be being harsh, as I have no idea how old you are, though I am presuming you are quite young.

I am glad you enjoy your life, but I am less than impressed that you assume your upbringing has been superior to mine, or anyone else's.

BANG! Couldn't have said it better myself. Props. :) +1

Nik00117 said:
1. Having an idea, and living it are too different things.
2. You said your highschool is extremely high end, implying not avegerage.
3. Again, you come from a above noraml faimly/community.
4. Again you stated your school is on the higher level teachers avg about 40-50k a year. Over here in europe 70k a year or darn close to 100k. Also your school is a EXTERME expection
5. Great, but is every parent in your school just as strict. Or just as high end. What about the mom and pop who work down at the local car dealership?

I am just saying that in bucks/montgomery county in PA you get this education...its a public school

I had over 1000 kids in my graduating class at North Penn...

just to clarify...I have been working since I was 13 I got a paper route...then i worked at McDonalds for 4 years...Now I am like I said, a CO-OP engineer...

I pay for most of my things myself...computer, car, rent, utilities...my father however is generous enough to pay for tuition and cell phone and insurance...

I don't know this maybe considered spoiled but not as much as the parents who pay for everything...I am just saying that as far as my education is concerned that is the standard from where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom