Manhunt?

David Lindon

Golden Master
Alot of people have been complaining about this new violent game and shots have removed it from their shelves because some acted on a mission in real life and murdered someone.
What are your views on this?

Yeah i heard about it, i think it is tottaly stupid for god sake it is a computer game, If it has this influence on ppl i think it is not the producer's fault it is the individuals, i actually have played the game and it is quite good, that dosent mean i will act it out in real life.

Yeah, it is a concern. But what can be done? Bugger all. I think violent games should continue to be made, and for that game to continue its sale. This kid was obviously mentally not completely there, as I would think of anyone who got so influenced by a video game in such a way as to kill someone. Psychos still roam this earth, and always will, it's them that take video games too seriously. It's them that have nearly got wrestling banned because they attempted to copy a dangerous move at home. So what do you do? Do you ban violent games and watch billions of dollars go down the drain, watch game programmers lose their jobs and watch companies such as Capcom (who now puts all it's efforts into Resident Evil) go bankrupt? Or ...

Do you let violent games continue? I go with the latter - billions shouldn't be lost just because of one psycho. There are warnings all over that game saying it's violent - this whole incident is a fault on the behalf of the parents (who obviously bought this game for their child) and the kid.

Yeah, I think it all gets pathetic. Next they would ban films and then cartoons and then rock music or something. It just goes a bit far, if you people don't like it then dont buy it!

Sorry but i belive the people who play it and take it to the brain or how ever you should say it who are to blame . Not a game , vice city never really had a big problem did it nor max payne or true crime . etc.

th kids tht acted out the game, should not have been playing it in the first place it has an 18 or R rating
the parents are the ones to blame

matt be me said:
th kids tht acted out the game, should not have been playing it in the first place it has an 18 or R rating
Yeah but come on kids nag their parents for games and then most of them go out and buy the games for them, but the guy who killed somebody is obviously a mental case, These Games should continue to be made as most people do not want thier pleasure of playing games wrecked by some Physco

matt be me said:

I dont agree cause my mum lets me play 18 vid games like max payne or gta and i dont act on it cause it wrong , its bad parenting yes but not that rating , those kids should have been told wat right or wrong

Yes, but their parents went on TV and blamed the game, (I'm not completly idealistic and I realise 17yr old kids will play 18 cert games) but in this case it was the parents that bought the kid the game.
The parents knew how 'addicted' to the game the kids was.
something else the 'blame the game' this kind of eclipsed was that the kid in question didn't actually mean to kill the guy, he was mugging him to pay off drug debts...
we've got Manhunt on the PS2 (It's shit), there are no drugs in this game at all...

Quick scan the kids PC see if you can find a copy of drug wars!!!

Banning a game because of one screwed up individual is crazy, perhaps if there was paid advertising / more tax etc (like on TV) then the game manufacturers could hide behind a massive donation or smoething, just like TV does as it broadcasts 'images of distress' on a daily basis. -And TV does affect people a lot more than a video game does.

its like the GTA 1 those boys played the game got addicted andshot some one

Back
Top Bottom