listen to am radio on computer?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
is there any way to listed to am radio over the computer? it seems rather primitive to have to listed to the kim komando show over my clock radio while i'm sitting in front of the computer with my computer speakers right here. i checked in wmp and itunes, but it looks like they only have select stations you can listen to.

I know you can get a radio receiver to plug into your pc and you can pick up any radio channel in your area.

I think there is one called "shark" or something like that.

thanks, however i was hoping for some program or website rather that having to purchase any equiptment....

well there is no way to pick up radio frequency's in your local area without buying a radio receiver, unless the radio station has a online feed

i did a little searching and i found this website, and and now i'm listening to the show online! http://radiotime.com/station/s_35031/KRLD_1080.aspx It says that the Marty Griffin show is on now, but if you click listen, it's the kim komando show i was listening to on my clock radio....the only thing i noticed is that there's a 30 second or so time delay. May be useful for other's who want to listen....haven't looked around on it too much, but it looks like you can get just about any station anywhere....i bookmarked it, and will check it out more. thanks for your help though..

Internet radio is nothing new to most, like me i would have to say that 1/3 of my entire music collection came from internet radio stations. anyone can stream in music from the internet, but the real trick is to record what your're listening too. i have streamed in compilations from all over the world.

I used to like the club mixxes that would be streamed in live right from the joint, but now i have moved on to big and better things like XM radio that i pull in from the satalite.

Back
Top Bottom