Library computers

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
In my library I have limited access to the internet (two hours a day plus other limitations).

A small portion of my local library devotes their resources to the internet while (you guessed it), still has hardcover books taking up the building.

I'm curious what your local library is like with respect to the internet and how supportive they are?

I'm not even sure if I have a local library, and if I do, I've never used it :p

A small portion of my local library devotes their resources to the internet while (you guessed it), still has hardcover books taking up the building
I always thought this was the point of a library - it's a big building full of books!

Perhaps it's different where you live in which case fair enough, but where I am (and I'm guessing where most people are from) broadband is readily available and affordable - some remote areas aside. In such a place I see little point of lots of library resources being dedicated to the internet.

I don't use computers at my library, or any in my area. When I go it's to have a quite place to read away from the distractions at home.

I don't use computers at my library, or any in my area. When I go it's to have a quite place to read away from the distractions at home.
Yep, I don't often go there, but it's great for just studying. Quiet and no distractions.

oddly enough my local library is full of books...

that's the way I like my libraries to be...

Back
Top Bottom