Lag experience

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I was just playing F.E.A.R online when I experienced severe lag. I exit out of the game to find my Norton Antivirus scan kicking in at the same time my Conterspy antispyware program was scanning, IE opening up to the F.E.A.R website, and Reg scan all at the same time. What are the odds? Imagine all that during the onine gameplay. I need to reschedule some of the scans. CPU was taking a tremendous hit, not so much as the RAM because I have a gig.

Now I'm thinking what it would be like to have a nice dual core CPU at the moment...Because of problem like this, it makes me one step closer to upgrading. But I'm still holding back. I hate virus scans. They take forever to finish.

I don't think you need a new CPU, you just don't need to run awhole bunch of sh** all at once. Although if you are gonna upgrade that CPU that you selected will do nicely. We all experience lagg once in a while. If this is the first time lagg has occurred then you probably don't need a new CPU. If it is continuous then, yea uprade CPU.

It's typical lag because it always does this when Norton kicks in. Either it's Norton or CounterSpy that does the heavy system scan. Usually, one or the other will come on but when it comes on while playing online, you can feel it. Whew...it's so slow. Other times, runs extremely well. Right now, it's still scanning. The red LED HDD light is solid. Man, it's working hard. Task Manager show CPU at max so the combination of the two equal major lag.

The dual core should help and relieve the bottleneck. If there is anyone here with an X2, how does your system react to lag (if any)?

I have a friend with an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester, I love his computer, I have never seen his computer lag before, No matter how many programs he opened, Im not talking mspaint, notepad programs Im talking F.E.A.R., World of Warcraft, Half Life, Photoshop, All of it

Now, You cant effectively run all these programs, Not enough hands lol, but he was being a smartass and showing how fast it was by opening them all at the same time lol

Im probably going to get an Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo for $884, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103544

I cant wait, Im gonna show him who the true 1337 King is lol

Back
Top Bottom