Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Yeah, they were my first systen before I got into REAL pro quality sound.

They are EXCELLENT for the price tag.

I got them a couple years ago, and I bumped them goooood for a while. And I really like my bass ;)

Then the audio connector got messed up by my bad and all I had to do was get a new controller box to put on the speakers with the wires. Like, 20$. But after that, gave it to my friend. It's been 5 months, and they still sound good :p

I rather have a reliable system. They're going to be office speakers, so I don't need anything expensive. Just reliable.

Amazon.com said:
The quality of these speakers has spoken for themselves. ****CHEAP**** They obviously have a serious reliability problem, as suggested by many other customer's reviews, but what is worse, after spending $350 on the two sets, Klipsch will not recall them, and wants me to spend another $40 each to fix the subwoofers. That's great customer service. Don't buy this junk. I have since bought a set of Logitech z-2200 speakers (THX rated) for about $100 and could not be happier. They are built much better, and sound fantastic.

Amazon.com said:
I've had two different Klipsch ProMedias fail within weeks of purchase. The sound is excellent but what good is one channel?

Amazon.com said:
The sound is great at first, but there's a design flaw in this product that made mine useless. The right satellite speaker has the subwoofer and volume dials on it. But it's really cheap construction, and after a while the rubber dials start to vibrate and make a "chirping" sound during play. This occurs even when played at a reasonable volume. I babied these speakers and still had this problem. If you're thinking about buying these, ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky?

JBL makes great sounding speakers, but those aren't really suited for computer use. They aren't self powered and rely more on an amplified system. You wont really be able use them to their full extent as your computer doesn't put out enough power to drive them.

For computer use, you'll want something that is powered and has a built in amp.

JBL makes great sounding speakers, but those aren't really suited for computer use. They aren't self powered and rely more on an amplified system. You wont really be able use them to their full extent as your computer doesn't put out enough power to drive them.

For computer use, you'll want something that is powered and has a built in amp.

I'll be planning to use those speakers with a stereo system I already have.

Thanks for the information though.

Back
Top Bottom