Just started

bullfrog-xv

Beta member
Hey i am 16 and i want to persue computing seriuosly. But i dont know where to start. Can anyone give me some pointers, i own a mac and know how to operate it well i have also used windows before and know the basics. I have mastered HTML and almost CSS. I dont quiet know if i want to do web programming or computer programing. Please can some one point me in the right direction. Should i read up about networking and the internet before i start because i only know the basics of that kind of stuff.

yes, reading up on computing can have it's rewards. Your local library will help you further in reading up on specific topics you want to learn.

Doing some research on the net will help also, then when you feel you are ready, then take some schooling to get into a tech job. ITT is good i heard, to go to school, but you can also take on-line classes from home if you prefer.

I sugest read up on a few things and then think where you want to specialize like programming, networking, security, hardware etc.

i never read computer books i just use the things thats how i learn, i have f***** up some computers in my time :)

if u decide upon web design then u need to know about network security.

u sorta need to know a LOT about one area plus pieces of this and that on related material too.

best idea is to do networking then u understand how it all works and from there decide where to go from.

Just start with buying some basic computer mags then youll choose a subject that your intrested in and then take it from there

A good all round book that ive got is "Upgrading and fixing computers for dummies" by Andy Rathbone
http://www.andyrathbone.com/books/upfix6/index.html
I found it quite good for all round hardware and a tiny bit of software info, but if you only want stuff on programming or internet, check out other dummies books, i find them quite good.
If you only want information on internet etc. this post is completely useless

Back
Top Bottom