Just contacted asus RMA dept.

superman22x

Golden Master
Well, my asus 7900gs is running at 60 right now, and its downclocked about 40 for core, and 50 for memory. I asked to get teh new card sent out before I send mine in, and they will do it, I just have to put a deposit down, so I'm ok with that. Now I can get a brand spanking new graphics card!! And use itfor a month or 2, sell it, and buy an 8800.

evga allows cross transfer shipping too :) not sure what you have to do to get it though. hopefully i dont have to use it on my card any time soon

Yeah, I'm guessing they wont have the 7900gs instock though. They dont sell the asus one on newegg anyomore. Last time it was on there, it was the most expensive one, at $220. So if they dont have it instock, maybe I can get cash for the card.

Yeah, I'm guessing they wont have the 7900gs instock though. They dont sell the asus one on newegg anyomore. Last time it was on there, it was the most expensive one, at $220. So if they dont have it instock, maybe I can get cash for the card.

of if you are extreamly lucky they'll upgrade you to a 8800 GTS 320. I've seen cases where EVGA has done that.

Well, that would be just sweet. I would probably keep it, even tho I was planning on getting a 640mb, but that wont happen. They would say, "The 8500gt is the card we will give you, as it is DX10 newer, and therefore equal." lol, a 8800 would be a sweet upgrade.

Well, they were supposed to email me today... Nothing. I have an RMA number, but thats it, nothing official has happened.

Back
Top Bottom