Interesting...

One day I played around with Group Policy on one of my tester computers...and I put on so much security I had to go into System Restore to regain my Administrative privileges. LOL Security if not used correctly can completely limit any operation of the computer.

so you basically locked yourself out LOL

Yeppers, because it locked down the administrator account as well. I forgot to create a shortcut back to the MMC console where I had the group policy editor and I couldn't turn the security back off. LOL

Yeppers, because it locked down the administrator account as well. I forgot to create a shortcut back to the MMC console where I had the group policy editor and I couldn't turn the security back off. LOL

LOL - i had done something like that but on a matrix account. I disabled viewing permissions for both users and creator...and i couldn't change it back. It was such a drag to have to go through all that work to fix it lol.

Would like to think I can better that with an example of too little security. The little brother of my cousin managed to get into the BIOS settings on his computer and remove the HDD from the boot list. The computer wouldn't do anything went started up. He had no idea what had happened till I diagnosed it. He was understandably bemused. I flashed the BIOS battery, and suffice to say, his BIOS is now locked.

Back
Top Bottom