I found a...

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Computer yesterday. lol. It was outside one of the buildings on campus.
It's not really even a computer, it's a tower and a mobo with a few of the cables still in it. I can't remember if it had a disc drive but I do remember it had ide cables. Looked like an old gateway case. Everything else is gutted, no cpu, ram, etc. I picked it up and carried it for 5 feet and thought, no what if it's someone elses and they just left it here for a minute. And I didn't pick it up today since it was raining so hard and I didn't feel like walking back down to that building. But I'll see if she's still there tomorrow and keep you guys filled in.

I'm kicking myself because I know no one is claiming it, it was full of leaves and had a pack of Camel in it (both sides were off the case), so it must have been there for a while. I hope it's still there, you may see another "sound card" thread. :D

I used to do that thing the same time. Well, guess what: Next time I find something laying there, screw this! I'm taking it.

That's because you don't go outside and look in the garbage the night before garbage day.

yeah u can find tons of stuff. old computers mostly, but you come across some nice ones too. ive found a 1.6ghz athlon xp with 512mb and 30gb.

The biggest PC I've found was a Athlon 1GHZ, 256MB SDRAM PC-133 and an ASUS A7A 266. I had to sell it though :(

The second highest was an IBM Machine with a PII 350MHz. All the others were the shitty Pentiums with sometimes, a hard drive. Some cases I found had a slot 1 motherboard, but had no BIOS chip.

too bad I don't know where to look for computer stuff anymore. One local electronics shop was taking stuff and just storing them on the backyard. So that's where I picked up I think 1 hdd, 1 psu and then some really old crap like a nic and a vid card.

I never really went there looking since the place was pretty far from where I live, and now I don't think they have all that stuff there anymore. :(

i've never come across anything worth salvaging. It seems my only finds result in me placing it back where I found it cause it doesn't take me long to figure out why the computer was thrown away in the first place. I guess im not so lucky.

Back
Top Bottom