Humans ... Coincidence or creations ?

dyserq

Fully Optimized
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9444600/

I was just viewing this article concerning whether people have gone through natural stages of elevation or if a more intelligent lifeform has developed us, what is your opinion and do you think it should actually be taught in schools ?
In my own personal opinion and perspective, i believe that we have gone through the natural stages of evolution, why? We have adapted steadily in a great period of time, the only reason why we have computers is to adapt to our lives and everything else that we've developed, this is a sign of evolution, we are developing to become accustomed to our ever changing environment ...
One of the main arguments that we are made via intelligent design is the fact that it is much too complex, our structures and our environment, it is just too complex to have been accomplished through normal and natural means, i just think this to be quite ridiculous, i mean, we have taken millions upon millions of years to get to this point, we have started from single cell organisms to ones which can actually think and make decisions for itself ... how is this unnatural ? Its the way that we develop just as anything would, we can apply this to the human race, developing is a means of survival ...

EDIT: I also after browsing through again found this article, this one and the one listed above are pretty interesting if you ask me http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9452500/

I believe in the evolution of the species. All this religous crap about creation god made man stuff is absolute rubbish.

Wombat said:
I believe in the evolution of the species. All this religous crap about creation god made man stuff is absolute rubbish.

I believe practically the same thing, but everyonce in a while I think to myself, maybe someone other kind of species created us from like another planet. But the Bible and all that stuff, to me is blasphemy.

Mental Liberator said:
I believe practically the same thing, but everyonce in a while I think to myself, maybe someone other kind of species created us from like another planet. But the Bible and all that stuff, to me is blasphemy.

Indeed ... religion is and i quote 'people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life', it is a belief and opinion, there is nothing scientific to support it, yet evolution does ...

Evouloution can no longer continue to happen in are species....As it requires the weaker race to die out. We have hospitals....

Can you believe in both Science and God?

Medicine, electronic communications, space travel, genetic manipulation... these are the miracles of modern days. These are what we herald as proof that science will bring us answers. Stories of immaculate conception, burning bushes and parting seas are no longer relevant.

Sure, science is great cause it has alleviated the miseries of disease and drudgery and has provided an array of gadgetry for our entertainment and convenience (like our computers) but it has left us in a world without wonder. Our beautiful sunsets have been reduced to wavelengths and frequencies. the beauty vanishes that way. The complexities of the universe shattered into mathematical equations. Even our self worth as human beings has been destroyed.

Science proclaims that Planet earth and its inhabitants are a meaningless spec in the grand scheme, a cosmic accident.

But science is able to proove things. Science is in the present. Sure i would like to believe God made man, but i find it hard to believe as God has been absent for such a long time. But science can only go so far back in time. There is no scienctific proof about how we came to be. So that is God.

i believe in evolution because its something we can see through fossils and scientific research. i believe in god too because something had to start all this evolution. its almost like a catch 22

anyways... natalya

spank_fusion said:
I believe in both creationism and evolution. Why can't they coexist? I think they do.

I don't know, science and creationism could co-exist but wouldn't they be interfering with each other, its not exactly the perfect match, not everything could go as both sides of the party planned ...

I believe creation. Chances are way way to small for a coincidence.

No one TRUELY believes in evolution because if you had a weak child, would you let it die for the 'good' of the race so the stronger ones can go on? In our current society, why are weak supported and propt up by the strong? Subconciously people do not agree / believe 100% in evolution because if it were true, by hurting the stronger ones chances in order to prop up the weak we are killing our own race and by doing so we would one day wipe out of own species. Why would we have developed a sense of right and wrong at the cost of our evolution

Back
Top Bottom