HP Total Care incident

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I email HP about a printer problem. I was given an older printer and new ink. I decided I'd use the printer until I used up all the ink since I get printers all the time. The problem was that when I installed the ink, it only printed in magenta.

So I email them about it seeing of there I something I can do about it considering it was new ink (never opened box). I email back and forth to find that the ink was probably passed expired and was dried up. I tell them this, but can't get the expiration date b/c I threw away the boxes already. They tell me to print out a test page and give them the info, then I get an email back today saying that all they wanted to know was if the printer printed all the colors...and they need the expiration date of the ink (already told them idk it). The guy is kind, but persistent. I figured out the problem 2 emails ago (ink is expired and dried up, based on expiration date of a black cartridge I got with it that was probably bought at the same time) and he still doesn't know the answer. I guarantee if I don't email back he will email again.

So yeah, I have learned that you don't want to mess with tech support unless you really need it...or you'll probably figure out the problem long before tech support does...

I haven't dealt with much tech support since I know how to fix most of it or try anyway, but I don't know much about printers so I thought I'd ask...:rolleyes:

This guy definitely sounds like he's from India, kinda broken English and a weird name, Prasenjit.

Back
Top Bottom