How sweet is this!?

CarpeNoctem

Daemon Poster
Haha, dude the herins boot cd is the coolest most sweet boot utility of the history of boot utilities!

Haha, first off.. I stopped my very long adventure into computers in about 2005. After that I solely used a computer for keeping in touch with people and didn't pay attention to new hardware/software at all. Can't really say why, I just got distracted in life. The only time I messed with a computer was when it broke.

So, this is freaking awesome to me!! :) I used to use so many of these utilities by themselves and this makes everything so much easier. I always liked experimenting and doing things the long manual way. So I kept reloading and fixing OS's over and over again lol. This would have been sweet back then.

Has anything else super nifty come out?

I'm guessing that this is a bit like DSL where it's a little OS with loads of tools all in a very compact form?

for boot disks, I have to say that I've never found anything quite so amazing as barts modular boot disk
it was basically a 3.5" floppy disk, (so 1.4MB) that booted dos, had old 3.1 style windows for setting system parameters, booted with a full TCP/IP stack, we could squeeze on drivers for just about all the servers that we had, it allowed you to map network drives... on top of that it was also possible to fit the old Ghost executable file on the disk as well a a partition manager, (ranish partition manager).

it was the most useful boot tool that I'd ever really had, and it was pretty much a feat of engineering to actually fit all that functionality inside 1.44MB or less!

as for tools now. I don't really think that you can go far wrong with a linux live CD for fixing all your issues if you can't boot.

Back
Top Bottom