How to *fix* scratched records

foothead

Omnicide now.
I just discovered this and felt like sharing this tip, in case anyone here needs it.

Well my record player scratched my Abbey Road album, causing it to skip in eight places. By skip I mean infinitely loop the same three seconds until I poked the arm. Anyway I figured out how to fix it. What you must first do is identify where the skip is. Next. take a razorblade (or something else thats extremely sharp) and heat it up with a lighter. Then take it and drag it with a VERY slight amount of pressure along the groove right where the skip is. This will cause it to make a pop noise, but at least the album will play through.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU KILL YOUR ALBUMS!!!

IDK if I'm the only person here who even listens to them anymore but whatever... if you have any, this is how to make them work again.

I have plenty of vinyl kicking about, not tried this but it seems logical, abbey road albums definitely worth saving

I just fail to see why people still use those. Why not just buy a CD version?

Records to me offer better audio quality than a CD, haha. Well... maybe not on an album as old as that

I have a vinyl player with tape/CD/Aux/Radio kit. I can record anything from Aux/Vinyl and Tape to CD...but I still like to hear the sound the vinyl gave to our ears. CDs are clearer, yes, but vinyls are epic.

IMG_2470_800px.JPG

You could look in garage sales, flea markets, etc. You could find some.

Back
Top Bottom