Be Honest, how many of you want one of THESE :D

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
In Case you havn't already found it someplace, I am showing you the new Intel Xeon X7560 Server CPU. It has 24mb of L3 Cache, enough to run Windows 2000 on, and runs at 2.26Ghz with a Thermal Design of 130 Watts.

Check it out, its only $3,989.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115063

Now its LGA 1567, so I dont think there are any motherboards out for it yet.

But still, who would want one :D

I have no use for a server cpu... That would be a huge waste of my money.

Running 10 Crysis Servers? lol...

Yea I don't play Crysis unfortunately, and don't really need a server at home. I was going to set one up at one point, but that got lost....With things like Network USB hubs, I no longer have a need for a server like I once did... just a secure wireless network. Which reminds me.... I need to create another thread for my router. It's set to WPA2 and shows secured in the available wireless networks list but doesn't require a password to connect.... :/

sure, I want one. Just not nearly enough to spend the money on it. If I were to build a really high end system, I'd go for a dual G34 board and two opteron 6128s. Quad channel memory FTW.

Maybe it'd be able to render some of my photoshop projects in under 8 hours though. I'm still rendering stuff from summer vacation.

EDIT: LMAO!
taskmanagerb.jpg
This is what four of these looks like.

A C2D is more than sufficient enough for my home server.

Argeed. I'm running a windows home server which streams media constantly + runs a web server and an SVN server on a C2Q. That OS can do all that relatively well on a Celeron....

Back
Top Bottom