Home Theater Set up... On my Computer? Haha, damn right!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Let me break it down..

My brother gave me his Onkyo 6.1 Home Theater setup for my Bday. I was running that with a 5.1 Sony Amp. Well he bought some new Infinity 6.1 speakers and a new amp that supports HDMI for his HD DVD player, and his 48'' 1080p TV.

My dad needed a new Amp for downstairs because his old Pionner is about dead.. So he bought my brothers old Onkyo 6.1 amp for $100.

Now what I did, is changed out my Sony Amp for the 600W Onkyo so I got a full 6.1. I was going to give my dad my old Sony, but we tried it with his 5.1 Bose and for some reason my Sony didnt crank out the bass like his Kenwood 150W Amp did, and my old one is 600W.

Although, we don't use the Amp downstairs much anyways.. And for the time being it does work. So what I did, is I have both the Onkyo and Sony Amplifiers.

My onboard sound went out on my computer, and the sound card I bought from The Amish Kid never worked... Gay. But, anyways because I wasn't getting my 5.1.. And I had an extra unused amp... (see where im going with this) and some spare Bose speakers and wire... I hooked up my Sony 600W amp with Bose speakers to my computer.

Yeah, it's insane.

Edit-
And whats nice is that both the speakers are behind my monitor.. So what I see is literally comming straight at me

Back
Top Bottom