Hobby Shop R/Cs: Cars, Trucks, Aircrafts, or Boats? Which is yours?

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Hey I wanted to know if anyone in this community was into Hobby Shop R/Cs.
This forum is open to Ground, Air, or Water. What do you have?
Mine are:
A custom built buggy- Losi, Traxxis, and other parts
7 turn Double Reedy Modified Motor
LRP Unlimited Speed Control
JR High Torque Servo
JR AM Computer System Receiver & Transmiter

Duratrax Evader ST
11 turn Double Losi Modified Touring Motor
LRP Unlimited Speed Control
Standard Servo, Receiver and Transmiter

Losi XXX-S
19 turn Motor
Duratrax Automatic 20 turn Speed Control- DON'T Ever put a lower turn motor than lowest turn for a Speed Control- Yes I'm a idiot but it seems this speed control can take it and usually one turn wont make a difference.
JR Standard Racing Servo
HPI Receiver & Transmiter

Post back.

I used to be into it, but damn it's an expensive hobby.

I have a Savage 25, all stock with a rechargeable receiver battery. The engine died because sand made it's way into it. I was driving it at my school's field jumping, flipping, crashing, etc. During one of those crashes, the air filter worked it's way off. After that I took it too the baseball field (sand), and you already know from there.

Second would be a Heli, A small Blade CX2. Just has an aluminum swash plate, bearing carrier, and a longer bar between the blades.

I've got a Jato with RPM A-arms front and rear, pull start, masher 2000's in the rear. I want to get another R/C though, maybe a plane, or a bigger off road truck.

Currently, I'm kinda interested in RC airplanes, but I'm not gonna indulge because I want to actually build an airplane and get my Pilot's license.

I would love to have one of those but like everyone said it is kinda expensive. Rather spend my money on something else. Yesterday some kid drove his rc car thru the street made brake kinda hard, should have ran over it.

Its really not that expensive compared to other hobbies. Take paintball for example, about the same cost initially for gun/car, but fuel is much cheaper compared to paintballs and a gallon of fuel lasts longer than a case of paintballs.

Not counting broken parts. Luckily my Savage is a beast, it took everything I could throw at it, except sand lol. HPI was nice enough to fix my transmission for free when the shift adjustment screw backed out too far and screwed up a couple gears.

It would be kinda cool to have a nice RC car that can drive off road good, but they run you a lot of money I know. I was once into the stuff and wanted to get one way back when I was younger and $100 was a lot of money to save up, but I eventually forgot about it after awhile since I knew It would be hard to save up to the cost of the RC car. Most I've had is a model train set and a Walmart bought cheap RC car that I ended up driving in sand and the sand got caught in the gears and screwed it up good. I don't even know if I have the train set still, might have gotten rid of it...

Back
Top Bottom