High Tech Vest Lets Gamers Take a Hit

Ð88

Fully Optimized
http://blogs.pcworld.com/digitalworld/archives/2007/10/hightech_vest_l.html

Sure it sucks to get killed while playing a shoot-'em-up, but you know you can just get up and start over again. But what if you actually felt all that carnage? Would it make you think twice before charging in?

Don the 3rdSpace gaming vest, and you'll be feeling gunshots, missile attacks, kicks, punches, and other types of body impact. Designed by a surgeon, the vest was originally created for use in the medical field to poke and prod patients in order to get a sense for what they were feeling. Since then, the vest has been adapted for the game industry, capable of delivering hits and shots exactly where you would feel them. Utilizing air pouches--four on front, four in back--the vest nudges and jabs gamers at eight different contact points.

The vest, uh, hits in November for $189, and will ship with Call of Duty. Another vest is also in the works, this one aimed at flight and driving sims.

I wonder how hard it actually hits. I highly doubt that it is at all realistic. They don't want a lawsuit on their hands. I am guessing it will be like a minor jolt/vibration sort of thing.

you would probably get use to it but it would be cool at start tho. they need a way of controlling the pain level as i would want it to hurt as much as poss so its the most realistic. its a good start to get you more immersed into video games and reduce that gap between reality and virtual

thats really cool....

and Thelis, it actually shoots you, so If you get shot in the game, the vest will pull a gun on you....

I wonder how hard it actually hits. I highly doubt that it is at all realistic. They don't want a lawsuit on their hands. I am guessing it will be like a minor jolt/vibration sort of thing.

Yeah thats what I want to know, if can't be that hard because it wouldn't be that good for you which at the same time defeats the point of it

Back
Top Bottom