Hi

Opteronix

BSOD
Hello to all. I am Opteronix. I am a University student studying majoring in physics, and am here to help out anyone with technical questions. I am versed in C programming, Assembler, a bit of Python, some UNIX, and lots of Hardware information. Please use my knowledge as you see fit. Anyways, I hope I enjoy my stay here.

neochivers said:
hey, enjoy cf

I honestly hope to neochivers. David Lindon is the admin I am to assume? Is he big into computers or mainly serving sites and web maintainence?

Hmm, quite good. One of my friends helps manage the nVidia site as a top level intern. Very cool stuff web management is. I am doing an internship with AMD atm.

Hello and welcome!
Opteronix said:
I honestly hope to neochivers. David Lindon is the admin I am to assume? Is he big into computers or mainly serving sites and web maintainence?
I am into computer but I am also into web programming and servers so my time is kinda split.

David Lindon said:
Hello and welcome!

I am into computer but I am also into web programming and servers so my time is kinda split.

Well, the man himself speaks. Hello David. Ah, web programming. So do you know JAVA and ASP and .NET etc? What language do you know? I don't know ANY net languages ATM. What type of servers do you run David? AMD machines or Intel base? Are they in your own small datacenter or housed a districated DC?

Well I used to run the from my house, it was a kinda project/challege to run a web server. The sites took off so I co-located the server to a local dc. Now we rent servers at www.ev1servers.net

Intel based.

I tend to prefer perl and php over the asp platforms

Back
Top Bottom