Heres an intresting story!

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Non-Virgin Romanian Brides Face Fines For Wearing White Dress

December 9, 2006 2:06 p.m. EST

Komfie Manalo - All Headline News Correspondent
Bucharest, Romania (AHN) - A Romanian priest has introduced a "white dress fine" against non-virgins brides who will wear white dress on their wedding day. The 37-year-old Father Petrica Bratu from Valea Sarii, Romania said the aim of the fine is to prevent couples from living in sin.

The fines will range between $20 to $118 in a nation where the average monthly salary is just $196.

Father Bratu said, "The fine depends on how intimate a couple have been before they get married."

Under the priest's white dress fine scheme, couples who had recently moved in together would be fined $20 but brides who were pregnant or had children would pay $118.

He adds, "What is the use of the white bridal dress if the bride went from one man to the next, or if she comes into church holding the hand of her child? "White is a symbol of purity. I want this to stay unchanged. I do not want young people to think that there is no such thing as sacred matrimony."

But groom Plamen Baldescu, 27, complains, "Weddings are so expensive already, this is just too much.

"The priest heard sometimes I was allowed to stay over at my girlfriend's parents' house and suddenly he is demanding large amounts of money as my fiancй supposedly does not deserve to wear white."

money, money, money. thats all its about. quite sad! some people seem to forget that we are in the 21st centuray lmao ohhh god religion these days is all about money making! (some)

I have no idea how youre not alowed to wear a christain cross on the TV or in work now? all because it offends other religions... what is this world coming to!!! (sorry abit off topic :p)

this is pretty stupid y do that?money of course!!big surprise...not

anywho if that was in Canada or the states a lot of people would be fined

Although I don't doubt that money is the sole cause for this, countries have their own customs and beliefs. While they may understand it, outsiders may think of it as weird or just wrong.

Religious heads may also have some strange or even extreme beliefs too. I'm pretty sure this falls under that category.

DJ-CHRIS said:
This makes me disgusted.

same here. and how the heck would they even enforce it? are they going to require that a "dress patrol" go to every wedding and make sure the bride is or isn't a virgin and if they aren't then they get a fine? that just sounds stupid IMO.

That's just ONE priest though. You would think they would have more than one church in Romania...

Back
Top Bottom