hello and question

JohnD194

Solid State Member
Hi, just signed up so whats up around here?

Anyway, I have a question that I hope to get answered. I'm going to be moving to a house that I have been told by our neibors, gets free cable tv. We don't know why, some fluke thing.

Anyway, I could almost care less about the tv, what I want it cable internet.

now, they of course don't want me to contact the cable company in anyway cause they will probably loose it.

I have heard that there is a chance If I plug my modem into the cable I may get the internet what are the chances of this?? I have also heard that because when you are on the internet and you send data back, they may find out, is this true?
someone give me some info :D

Welcome to the forum JohnD194, a lot of nice people here to make you feel at home... :p

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules here at this link...
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

wombat_01.jpg

I haven't much about cable connection but I think you should have a cable modem to be able to connect and yest its true,you might be traced by the company because you are logging in to their server whenever your connection starts.

thank you Wombat I will do that.

and AmericanSensei, I do not intend on anything illegal, The free cable is the company's own doing. I just want to know if I would get in trouble for using my modem and if it even works.

Regards,
John

*Edit
thank you extendedcradle, so does anybody else have more info? I don't want to have them come out and shut me down :)

JohnD194 said:
and AmericanSensei, I do not intend on anything illegal, The free cable is the company's own doing. I just want to know if I would get in trouble for using my modem and if it even works.

Regards,
John

Own doing, Heh. Believe me they didn't let that happen on purpose, Somehow service didn't get shutdown, or whatever other reasons may apply.

Trouble though, No. Getting pinned with the service and other fees, More than likely given they catch it, and they USUALLY do.

AmericanSensei

well then, like AmericanSensei says, "pay a bill like the rest of us". If i were you i probably wouldnt take the risk of trying to sign up for internet while an unpayed service is sitting there.

Back
Top Bottom