heh. My fun for the day.

Pyromaniac said:
Err. well...:D
So you spent the day destroying a TV?, wasn't there something useful to do, like helping around the house or even, horror of horrors, tidying your room?

Pyromaniac said:

lol...maybe you can get a job on that great and all wonderful show :

----> MYTH BUSTERS <----

those guy's rule, and i love when they blow stuff up. i also like watching :

Brainiacs ....that's fun to watch them blow stuff up.

Last place you want to be is in the frontal area of a TV when the crt collaspes. The neck comes from the back out the front at supersonic speed. We did in a bunch when I was in the Navy. We'd allways find the neck 50 or so feet away. For you non tech types that's where the guns are that make the beams that scans the screen.
Modern crt's are less prone to having the neck come flying out. but then you never know what's going to happen. And we used C-4.
As for nothing better to do than blow up a TV, Sometimes you just gotta say WTF!

setishock said:
Last place you want to be is in the frontal area of a TV when the crt collaspes. The neck comes from the back out the front at supersonic speed. We did in a bunch when I was in the Navy. We'd allways find the neck 50 or so feet away. For you non tech types that's where the guns are that make the beams that scans the screen.
Modern crt's are less prone to having the neck come flying out. but then you never know what's going to happen. And we used C-4.
As for nothing better to do than blow up a TV, Sometimes you just gotta say WTF!
That's why I have one with a TFT screen, but I guess all of us have these, in these days.

setishock said:
Last place you want to be is in the frontal area of a TV when the crt collaspes. The neck comes from the back out the front at supersonic speed

Because it's a vacuum tube? The air coming into the tube will blow the thing apart.

setishock said:
And we used C-4

That kind of explains it :)

Lol your CO comes up to you and asks you what your doing blowing up CRts and you reply

"Sir dissameblying them for repair sir!"
CO goes "With c-4"
"Sir that is for taking it apart"
CO goes "Doesn't that destory it"
"sir most of the time sir"
CO Goes, "Then why not use a screw driver instead of c-4"
"Sir its not as fun sir!"

Nik00117 said:
Lol your CO comes up to you and asks you what your doing blowing up CRts and you reply

"Sir dissameblying them for repair sir!"
CO goes "With c-4"
"Sir that is for taking it apart"
CO goes "Doesn't that destory it"
"sir most of the time sir"
CO Goes, "Then why not use a screw driver instead of c-4"
"Sir its not as fun sir!"

Rofl

Back
Top Bottom