Having bad computer luck lately

mikee

Fully Optimized
Sort of bad and good but non the less annoying.

These events started last week.

#1 high temp false alarm

First my computers temp started going up a lot more so I went and got the air compressor and cleaned it out with the compressor on a lower setting so I don't blow the computer apart. That fixed the temp problem but now one of my fans occasionally rattles and goes a bit slower. the computer runs a lot cooler now so no worries there.

#2 messed up sub

A few days later on friday I noticed my subwoofer for my speakers is starting to rattle a little bit when i hits certain frequencies of sound but I think that's from years of me rocking it back and forth with my foot which is a bad habit I have while sitting at the computer.

#3 video card near death.

And then today I come inside in the afternoon and all I saw in my screen were a whole bunch of vertical green lines on my screen. So I just restarted and thought no big deal but as the post was starting to roll it was all still green and blocky so reset the computer a few times and the same thing. I then turned off the computer and as i unplugged it to open it up I heard this kind of electrical spark which scared me. Then I took the card out and looked it over. Everything looked fine so I put it back in and fired up the computer and everything worked.

#4 Virus

Now 20 minutes before I started posting this. Msn wouldn't open so I checked to see if something was messed up in the task manager and since I installed service pack 2 the task manager shows all users processes so theres alot that i didn't notice before one in particular that seemed suspicious "winit.exe" so I googled it and it came back with things like " Mugly.A and winit.exe" and other stuff. When I tried to kill the process I got a bsod. I hadn't downloaded anything lately so i thought it was something going around my home network so I ran upstairs and was like holy f*** there's a virus going around our network back ur s*** up!! making a complete embarrassment of myself since we had company at the time. Turned out to be a windows file once I googled around a little more lol.

Needless to day my adrenaline has been up and down all week just waiting for the next disaster to happen.

#4 Virus

Now 20 minutes before I started posting this. Msn wouldn't open so I checked to see if something was messed up in the task manager and since I installed service pack 2 the task manager shows all users processes so theres alot that i didn't notice before one in particular that seemed suspicious "winit.exe" so I googled it and it came back with things like " Mugly.A and winit.exe" and other stuff. When I tried to kill the process I got a bsod. I hadn't downloaded anything lately so i thought it was something going around my home network so I ran upstairs and was like holy f*** there's a virus going around our network back ur s*** up!! making a complete embarrassment of myself since we had company at the time. Turned out to be a windows file once I googled around a little more lol.

Been there done that lol

Well my luck did get a little worse today actually not in a tech way. I just found out our pool has a leak in it and we might not be able to use it this summer. it really depends on how bad the leak is but you can hear water leaking out under the steps. I just hope we don't have to tear the porch all up :(

Well my luck did get a little worse today actually not in a tech way. I just found out our pool has a leak in it and we might not be able to use it this summer. it really depends on how bad the leak is but you can hear water leaking out under the steps. I just hope we don't have to tear the porch all up :(
What type of pool? I'm thinking above ground.

Good luck with the pool!

Ps. If you rub your bad luck to the rest of us I will kill you :D

#2, I'm dreading the day that mine starts to break. I took the grille off of mine and a bad habit has arisen. I gotta find the grille again so I can kick that instead (makes a cool 'pa-tung!' sound).

What type of pool? I'm thinking above ground.

Good luck with the pool!

Ps. If you rub your bad luck to the rest of us I will kill you :D

above but it sort of has a deck around it

the leak is around where the stairs are I think.

Back
Top Bottom