Have you ever had your stereo up so loud your ears go numb?

Half Evil

Golden Master
That says it all. Right now, im using

Sony Dolby Pro Logic II
6.1, 600watts
Two Speaker Lab 7 Speakers Consisting of
-Midrange
-Tweeter
-12'' bass
-14'' sub
(Thats each speaker!)

http://www.timn8er.com/BJsSystem7_Rebuild.htm
Closest I could find. Same setup, just different color box.

NoGrill.jpg

Anyways, its so lound. 300watts per speaker, with bass up all the way listening to rap. Nelly; Pimp Juice. For all you non-rap people, thats a bass song.

Anyways, ever had it that loud. I mean its damn near max output. It a moderate sized room.

Insane.

Lol... Yeah, thats why I only do it when the parents are gone. Or when in my friends 4runner. With a Dual 14'' Visionk sub. 800watt continious and 1280 max :D

My Friend Had such a bad ass system, When he cranked it up on max the first time (I was there) The window in his glass door shattered, I was like wtf holy shit lol

my friend blew his stereo speakers. we were about to throw the stereo out the windows of his 5th storey apartment, when his mom is like "plug it in one more time to make sure its really messed up". guess what...it worked. damn it, right when we were about to smash it.

oh well, we ended up smashing his N64 and his PS2 controller. and later, a 200 watt power supply.

Lol nice. I thought that I blew my speaker, but like, it was just up so loud that, it just knocked the cables out the back.

Wow! Those speakers look very impressive.

I love bass, and would love to crank it up as high as possible, but these Creative speakers just distort at highest bass setting...

Dolby Pro Logic 2 is just amazing for music :p

I have made my ears go a bit funny with music, but because I live with my parents, I can never really shove it that loud, and I'm a bit more cautious, but yes, love a bit of bass.

STORY I WAS TOLD:

I was told about a club though that had speakers in each corner of the room. The DJ turned the speakers to full, and suddenly, the room went quiet.

The DJ was like "what the hell?"

Turns out the speakers were pulsing so loudly, that they were all cancelling each other out, so no sound could be heard.

One notch down though... and well, you can bet it would have hurt!

I heard it from one of my dads mates, and it seems plausible actually if they are so loud, and positioned in certain angles of each other.

I'd imagine it would create the type of effect seen on noise cancellation headphones, that create a reverse signal.

Since all the air is pumping, they are simply hitting each other and maybe settling the air in the middle?

I don't know exactly how it worked. Maybe someone with a bit more scientific know how could explain more, but yes, I believe it would be possible.

SOMETHING ON TOMORROWS WORLD:

I know this program is really old, but there was a feature on it a while back, about the first speakers that could transmit audio in a staight line like a laser, and for it not to wave out like standard sound does, so that basically one person could hear it perfectly fine, and someone a bit out of the range couldn't at all.

I don't know what happened with them, and I imagine because they transmitted audio only in a straight line, that you couldn't produce that much bass (not enough of a wide wave) however much the technology progressed.

Random I know, but we are in conversation about speakers :p

Didnt Say its not plausible, When I take two earphones playing the same signal and point them at each other they get quieter lol So Im sure it could work, But They were Silent?

Back
Top Bottom