guitar

hascet

Fully Optimized
I want to learn how to play a guitar, so first of all I need a guitar lol! What a coincidence! I know some of the members here play guitar, so what are some good acoustic guitars? I don't want any cheap piece of crap guitars that are just for beginners, because I want this to last me from when I first start playing until I get pretty good at it :)

takamine makes pretty good acoustics. also, epiphone makes nice ones.

but if you are on a REALLY TIGHT budget, believe it or not, the acoustic guitars at costco/sam's club are not bad. my first guitar was from costco (acoustic) and even though i have a way better electric guitar now, i still love the sound of my costco acoustic guitar :p

I want to learn how to play a guitar, so first of all I need a guitar lol! What a coincidence! I know some of the members here play guitar, so what are some good acoustic guitars? I don't want any cheap piece of crap guitars that are just for beginners, because I want this to last me from when I first start playing until I get pretty good at it :)

go for it man! guitar is awesome...it's very rewarding and will bring you hours of enjoyment (and the ladies like dig a guitar picker too haha :p) there is alot of stuff on the internet about playing guitar now a days..

First off, what is your price range? but for a good Acoustic it's kinda hard to say....each guitar is unique and kinda has it's own sound, so keep that in mind when you are in a music store looking around...pick em up and strum them, get a feel for one. but good safe bets are guitar makers like takamine or epiphone. I've had good luck with Ventura's, they have a good sound for the money.

Also consider your friends, if your buddy has a acoustic for sale think about checking it out. That's how i got the main one i play on (a Kona) it was originally a $300-400 Electric/Acoustic Guitar but my buddy works in a auto shop and someone traded it to him for some work he did, my friend had it for a year but never played it, he sold it to me for $80 and all i had to do was put some new strings and some pegs on it and i was set :D

Another piece of advice is...buy a Electric Tuner, for 20 bucks it saves you the headache of tuning it to a piano or a cd. i would HIGHLY recommend getting one...when i was about 14 someone gave me my first guitar, it was a old acoustic but it never held a tune so i never played it because i didn't know how to tune it. it sat in my room for a year and a half before i got serious and bought a tuner...i wasted ALOT of time i could have spent learning to play if i had just bought a tuner

I have some musical experience(I've played the alto sax for 5 years) and I've got a metronome tuner all in one thing for that, and it has a guitar input on it, so if I ever did get an electric I could use that

Back
Top Bottom