GTA4 on pc?

David Lindon

Golden Master
Has anyone tried it on PC and is it any good? Looks good on the ps3 but I'm not sure about the controls on the pc

I have it for the PC, but i use a 360 controller to play it.

If you have a video card with low amounts of VRam dont expect to be able play on high settings. it limits your max settings based on your VRam usage :(

yeah, it wont let me try maxing out. With my rig on XP, i had to run on medium settings to run it without bad framerates.
which looks worse than my 360 version of the game.

yeah ive got it on both XBOX and PC, gfs dad bought it for me on accident. but anyways, yeah.i cant max it out, barely can play it on medium settings and it looks really crappy..im just playing it on pc for the mods..controls are fine except in car... like..it doesnt auto target your car or anything..so when turning or doing sharp turns..it sucks..unlike the xbox 360 where it tracks your car

yeah ive got it on both XBOX and PC, gfs dad bought it for me on accident. but anyways, yeah.i cant max it out, barely can play it on medium settings and it looks really crappy..im just playing it on pc for the mods..controls are fine except in car... like..it doesnt auto target your car or anything..so when turning or doing sharp turns..it sucks..unlike the xbox 360 where it tracks your car

With your specs you cant play it on high???

I read that it has a shitload of bugs too...

With your specs you cant play it on high???

I read that it has a shitload of bugs too...

yeah. I think gametrailes did an PC/360 comparison. Max Settings, and they it seems they were lagging a bit, and i think they said something about the performance too. But the Graphics does look better IMO.

PC specs -
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

45NM "Penryn" Intel C2Q (12MB Cache, 1333mhz FSB) [Didnt specify which kind of C2Q)

790i Chipset SLI Motherboard

4GB DDR3 Dual Channel at 1066mhz

2GB ATI Radeon HD4870 X2

The graphics will obviously be better, but the PC version is way too unoptimized and buggy at the moment. I'll be sticking with my Xbox 360 for now, thank you very much.

I haven't found it to be buggy at all, not after I installed Catalyst 8.12.

Does anyone know if the settings limitation according to VRAM is just a recommendation, or is it enforced? Because it's really stupid.

What do you actually do on this game? My cousin has it and all he does is kill random people. lol

Back
Top Bottom