The good movie thread

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Has anyone seen that new movie "Stealth"? I saw it just now and wow, it was pretty good. From the preview, I thought it was just another corny movie where this super intelligent, yet experimental plane gone crazy. Yeah, it was pretty much that but Rob Cohen sure made it look good.

It was pretty exciting how the US Navy got involved with international affairs when the experimental fighter started penetrating foreign soil, especially with the enemy (North Korea), and neutral Russia. Just want to share my enthusiasm for the movie. I haven't seen a good air combat, "Top-Gun" like movie in a long time.

Oh, The Fast and the Furious 3 is coming out next July. Drift heaven...

HAHAHAAHAHA did you say Top Gun was good!!! HAHAHAH now that is funny...

(this is fact) only really mentionable movies lately are probably: House of Sand and Fog (although this is over a year old), Hero, Manchurian Candidate, I Wont Sleep Until I am Dead.... there are probably about a few more but not heaps.

And also The Fast And Furious series is rated one of the worst movies of all time...i mean it has Vin Diesel in it, who is simply a deplorable actor...

I didn't like Stealt that much. Although I am very interested in stuff to do with air force etc. I didn't find Stealth to be interesting or entertaining. And cantona, give me a few movies with better air combat's than in Top Gun and I will promise u I will watch the movie if I can get my hands on it. And yes, Top Gun was a good movie.

Also other good movies: Black Hawk Down, Léon, LOTR (all of them), The Shawshank redemption, Star wars episode 3 (I'm not a star wars fan, but the episode 3 was great, the others weren't that good) and many others.

Man, Top Gun is a well known terrible movie. It has Tom Cruise in it (one of the worst actors in hollywood) who through out his quite long carrer has made only one film worth mentioning: Collateral (and it isnt even that good)....(edit: i forgot to mention that he did make Jerry Mcguire which is a good film also)

I did notice however that in your reply that you said "...better air combat's..", so in that case (if we ignore the terrible acting, script and plot line of Top Gun) you could say that Top Gun is quite a good film for its vivid action scenes.

But you do have to take into account that Top Guns bad points (which are countless) heavily out weigh its good points (which there are very very few)....

LOTR and Shawshank Redemption (one of the greatest films ever made) are the only good movies listed above. Black Hawk Down is absolutely deplorable from start to finish. It has Eric Bana in!!!! If that isnt a big enough clue that a movie is going to be sh*t then i do not know what is

cantona said:
Man, Top Gun is a well known terrible movie. It has Tom Cruise in it (one of the worst actors in hollywood) who through out his quite long carrer has made only one film worth mentioning: Collateral (and it isnt even that good)....(edit: i forgot to mention that he did make Jerry Mcguire which is a good film also)

You forgot Vanilla Sky! That is an excellent movie. Minority Report is also good, but certainly not because of Cruise's acting. :p

Recent good movies are 40-Year-Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers. Most of the rest of this summer's movies have been pretty unmentionable, if not terrible.

Yes actually I didn't like the rest of Top Gun so much, but the flight scenes were great. And one bad actor doesn't mean that the whole movie will suck. And the reasons I like Black Hawk down are that it is based on a real event (and it is described well, there were the soldiers who faught in Mogadishu telling the director what happened) It has plenty of action and by this I don't mean the kind u see in Mr and Mrs Smith with two ppl shooting 500 bullets at eachother and big explosions from 1 small granade. Also the shootings scenes are realistic, there is no rambo guy running around with a m60 shooting 200 somalis.
And it describes the bad things in war, it shows the injured and dead ppl. It also tells that the operation was a total failure, which also makes it a realistic film. And don't start to say that it's not 100% realistic because this and that, it's one of the most realistic modern war movies there is.

I liked Top Gun. It wasn't really like a real war movie or anything like that, mainly training. I was quite overrated though back in the 80's, but the realism was pretty good. I like the camera shots of the aerial fighters duking it out in the sky even if they are running simulations.

I thought the implosion bomb was pretty cool to see in Stealth when it landed smack dab in the middle of the terrorist skyscraper.

As far as the Fast and the Furious 3 goes, I'm surprised that a third movie was even made. The movie itself (in my opinion) was getting worse. I guess drift racing would be pretty fun to see. Next thing you'll know, kids will be doing drifts all over the street.

oh boy ..another movie thread. well we all know of the good ones, but here is some i like:

vanilla sky
the butterfly effect
contact
mission to mars
fast and the furious
storm of the century
the day after tomorrow
the red october

and many more..

Back
Top Bottom