Godaddy more like bad-daddy

Iontheable

In Runtime
So back in the day when I had an interest in web design I had all the free space I could ask for but most recently I designed a small personal site for my art portfolio.

Sadly I resorted to godaddy for proper uptime and I figured as they were such a large vendor, they could be trusted.

I have a major issue that they refuse to help me with, their web-based upload tool sucks a big one. So I was using Filezilla and for whatever reason, under no circumstances am I able to connect to my FTP unless it's through godaddy's CP

I've tried several 3rd party programs, as well as straight FTP and every time it displays a 503 error(Pass/User)

I'm not really looking for trouble-shooting, I'm just curious to see whether or not this is the same for anyone else.

Thanks

Not had these problems directly (thankfully) but when looking around for hosting a year or so back, I stumbled into a number of similar reports online that prompted me to stay away.

So while I specifically haven't had any of the issues you're describing, I have heard more than person complain about similar things - I doubt you're alone.

Wow that sucks... I have not heard of this problem or come a crossed it myself.
Then again I don't use Godaddy for hosting only registration.

Back
Top Bottom