Gmail...

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey i have a gmail account and i heard of a little trick to use gmail as a 2gb virtual hard drive, but i also heard that this is only for linux....is this true, and if its not can someone explain to me how to do this with windows xp?

I think it is possible with windows too. I never tried myself but I remember someone posting about it in here.

Yeah, i know for sure you can get 2gb using any system, and you could use it as a virtual drive as you could send yourself data to recieve on another computer.

You could do this on Hotmail or anything anyway as you get 10mb attachments. Not as much, but it'd do for small files.

oh. well i heard that you can literally use it as a virutual drive. because theres supposed to be some program where you can use it to save things over the internet to gmail.

Ah right, thats rather kewl.

Though since the G-Mail account can be accessed anywhere anyway, that program would just make it easier to do, rather than having to send yourself data i'd presume it would do it automatically by hitting send or something.

So its good really.

ya, lol...but i have yet to find this program. thats why i came here to see if anyone knew anything like this

Well as I said earlier someone posted about it in here. So u could try the search or then just wait for someone smarter than us to come and tell u the name of the program. :)

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google Gmail account, allowing you to use Gmail as a storage medium.

GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google Gmail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your Gmail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.

This will be the third time I have posted this here, and yes it works with Windows...
http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

lol ok thanks. but one question...because its beta how stable is this for using it for file storage?

Well, they wouldn't release it if it crashed every 5 seconds. Try it and see how it goes. If it doesn't work well, then uninstall it and if it works, then there you go.

Back
Top Bottom