Which gets your further with tech support? Angriness or Kindness?

karling07

Daemon Poster
I've been on the phone with HP for like 3 hours now, demanding to talk to supervisors, getting cases made, blah blah blah. Whenever I get mad, they put me through to someone higher - but if I'm nice, they're usually nicer to me. What do you think? This is almost a $500 repair I think should be free that I'm trying to argue here, so I am a little nervous about being too nice.

Edit... Annnnnnd by angriness i meant anger. I feel dumb

WTF? I am my own tech support. LOL

Anyway, I usually stay nice because I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of that phone for 8 hours. :D

Oh gawd it's a dead tie. Well this isn't helpful lol, I'll compromise and just be really neutral and non-emotional to her and see how it works

I had to call Netgear once because we couldn't get my friend's router to work. He had DSL and we were having some issues. Their customer support is horrible. After 6 hours on the phone (not consecutive) we got things working. Helped when we said that we weren't dumb and that he should speak faster because we wanted the thing done. He kept telling us to check cables and all when I had clearly said I have done this, this, this, and that.

Yeah i think it really depends on the company. You can be nice and in return they can be nice to you, but at the same time you can angry and they can be nice to you because their goal is to satisfy their customers. So...if you really don't like the company, just be angry with them the whole time :D

I usually correct the people to the point they feel like they are insignificant and put someone higher on.

Like one guy told me that windows 98 was windows' (god, someone help me here with the grammar) first operating system, then I pointed out there was 95 and 3.1 before that and he was like 'damn kid, you are smart'

Yeah i think it really depends on the company. You can be nice and in return they can be nice to you, but at the same time you can angry and they can be nice to you because their goal is to satisfy their customers. So...if you really don't like the company, just be angry with them the whole time :D

Yeah I'm not too happy with the company right now - I don't so much appreciate being told to "Be quiet and let me finish". I wasn't even interrupting her; she just told me what I said my problem was and she was wrong. I told her that wasn't what I said, and she told me to be quiet. Nice, HP.

Back
Top Bottom