Geek squad steals your files

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Geek squad sucks, I won't ever use them. When I bought memory from best buy one time, they said "Geek Squad can put that in your PC for you if you don't know what you're doing, for a low fee." yeah, like I'd want that! So I told the person that I'd rather do it myself for free and save myself the money. Besides, the service cost more than the RAM itself!
Whenever I work on someone's PC. I don't mess with their files, or take anything from their PC. When I do need to modify files or something, I always get their consent before I do anything. I don't believe in taking stuff from people's computers, and think it's wrong.

Ya, that doesn't surprise me one bit, I'll never use any type of computer repair business.

Ya, that doesn't surprise me one bit, I'll never use any type of computer repair business.

thats good for you but these people pray on ppl with no technical knowledge of computers .

Ya, and I can't believe they charged $30 to install itunes!!! What a rip off
wow , that is a lot for a free program . Usualy i install free software for nothing . Its like when a person unplugged an ide and took the pc to various comps shops, o wouldnt charge just tore plug an ide

Ya, ^that would be the kind of thing that gets you a good reputation, but Geek Squad doesn't care they'de probably charge $50 just to open the case and look around...

Ya, ^that would be the kind of thing that gets you a good reputation, but Geek Squad doesn't care they'de probably charge $50 just to open the case and look around...

unless parts ae required i generaly do stuf free or at most charge $10-$20 depending upon time ,obviously if parts are required i show the person the part and they give me money. i also dont agree with making on parts as well so if a part is $20 charge someone $20 . I much prefer when people offer me money such as the other week i movedd my aunts pc upstairs and rewired the internet up there and she gave me $10 and i never asked .

Me too muz, I don't charge people for stuff they can do for free. I keep it under 20 bucks when I do have to do stuff. I don't charge up front though, I let people offer me a price, 20 dollars is my max though. But it has to be reasonable, like you said I wouldn't charge 20 dollars to install a 20 dollar part. I can't stand how these people prey on those without much technical knowledge.

Me too muz, I don't charge people for stuff they can do for free. I keep it under 20 bucks when I do have to do stuff. I don't charge up front though, I let people offer me a price, 20 dollars is my max though. But it has to be reasonable, like you said I wouldn't charge 20 dollars to install a 20 dollar part. I can't stand how these people prey on those without much technical knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom