Game performance

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Well, I don't game much on the PC, mainly use the xbox360 for that. Anyway, I wanna start gaming on the PC a little more, nothing serious. Well, yesterday I installed the demo for F.E.A.R. and played it with my current setup. The game lagged quite a bit and I had to turn the setting all the way down and stuff, looked horrible. Here is some of the specs: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/dmetal85/stats.jpg

So, here is my question. How much better gaming performance will I gain when playing similar games when I build my new setup?

New rig will include: Core2duo e6750, 2gb ram, 8600gt.

Also, if not the 8600gt, then what other gpu should I look into? I dont want the top of the line card or anything like that, just something decent for a few games and photo editing, stuff like that.

Well C2D is good2Gigs is good, the 8600GT im not suer about that care but I have the 8600GTS is what ive got and it plays fear and everything else at max except for crysis which it plays at medium,

If you want a better card go for one of the 8800's

Well C2D is good2Gigs is good, the 8600GT im not suer about that care but I have the 8600GTS is what ive got and it plays fear and everything else at max except for crysis which it plays at medium,

If you want a better card go for one of the 8800's

I would go for the 8800gt, but thats out of my budget range:(

going from integrated graphics to dedicated is going to be night and day, you are going to love gaming... its that simple, my 8600GT in my dell plays COD4 maxed except shadows with very playable FPS around 50-60 maybe 70? anyhow, yea its gonna be good... i'd recommend the XFX 8600GT XXX 256MB its an awesome card for $127.99

my 8600GTs had everything maxed on cod4 :)

GTS? or GT's? but yea, i love this 8600GT i cant believe how powerful it is for such a simple card... im really impressed, my next setup will have sli XFX 8600GT's with Zalman Cooling, cant wait :D

alright, i got the 8600gt XXX and my new 2GB of ram pc5300, and its running awesome!!! my custom in sig with 7800 gs oc gets a 3dmark05 score of 6785 oc'ed and the dell e510 w/ 3.0ghz p4, 2GB kingston pc5300 and XFX 256MB 8600GT XXX scores a 7335 without oc!!! i havent even oc'ed yet, so i think you will be pretty darn happy with this card... i havent played COD4 with it just yet, but it seems to be doin its job pretty damn well so far...

thats from another thread i have, take a look at the difference in 3dmark scores... :)

Back
Top Bottom