Funny (apple) Stuff

Re: funny as poo

Haha, if I was a PC, I could mention all the good software :p

The fact Mac can come with some software pre-built in, like Garage band and what ever is regardless.

Microsoft was told for instance to take out the Windows Media Player on one version to make it better for consumers to "pick" other products, and not just rely on theres...

yes, but nobody else develops for Macs because you have to spend hundreds of pounds getting certified and buying the right to develop for the Unix core, then sell your products with an apple logo...

Ooopos, I meant OSX core there...

All of those adverts are innacurate, but they are advertising a mac, so you don't exactly expect them to point out how great PCs are do you...

sorry... having watched all those clips now I have to saiy this...

1) Virusses, YES MACS DO HAVE VIRUSSES there was a virus release only this year that affected macs, and made use of a security blunder...
PC's get virusses, (e.g people are searching for and exploiting holes on PC's), now that MACs are becoming more popular, people are searching for and exploiting holes there too...

2) restarting, Anyone who uses a Mac as a business machine (not just to surf the internet or check emails) will tell you this, MACs DO CRASH, MACS DO HAVE TO RESTART, AND THEY DO IT OFTEN! I'm not saying PC's don't I'm just saying this is hardly a selling point is it?

3)better, yes, you should see what a PC can do with a spread sheet, it's far and away omre than a mac can do with a spread sheet...
but you should also see what a PC can do with designing websites and art and photobooks and stuff. you should see what a PC can do with movies and videos, what a PC can do with a whole host of aplications simply not availalble on a mac...

4) ilife... Don't make me laugh... I tunes sucks, it's horribly clucky it's far too pushy with it's integrated store... TBH I can't see myself loosing winamp and time in the near future

5) network.
I can't even believe that this came into a video advertising MACs, I challenge ANY mac zellot to even find half of the drivers for the things that come bundled with XP, besides which... I'm fairly sure that when I get a new camera, I plug it in, windows informs me that it's wants some drivers, it goes off to windows update, in short ten seconds later I've got everything I need to be using that bit of equipment, and all I had to do was confirm that I wanted it to look for drivers, besides, once you've bought the mac there isn't going to be an awefull lot left over to buy the newest latest greatest camera is there?

6) WSJ, ummm what? PC's get mostly great reviews in magazines and such... from people who are forced (in their job) to use macs!!!
in all fairness, I'd rather believe the reviews of a place like znet, (who are a technology review site) than the review that just happens to appear in wallstreet journal, just because it's a respected all round publication.

It was worth a laugh, but I don't see myself running out to buy a mac anytime soon!

I think the thing I loved most about those adverts was te way it kept stressing how there was an office for mac (developed by microsoft), and that you could easily put a mac on the same network as PC's...
so I guess apple talks non standard networking protocol is finally bitting the dust, in favour of a more open network like TCP/IP (not developed by microsoft - a freely available open standard).

I don't get any sound with it for some reason, anyone else got any trouble with it?

that was good. and to "root", hes not saying there arent any viruses for mac, he just said that there arent as many.

Back
Top Bottom