Frostwire versus Limewire

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
Just thought I'd let all you Limewire users out there know there is a program called Frostwire that you might want to look into...:cool:

^just a note, they are by the same company and they are the same program. using torrents like that has a high risk of screwing up your computer and promotes illegal pirating of musicians work.

^ Agreed...I was just putting it out there as info and not promoting either one.

Though I've tried both and have never gotten a virus from either.

>>>***I am not promoting illegal downloading of any kind.***<<<

Thats good then. I have tested both and both times downloading i have gotten viruses within days. This was about a year ago. Anything along the lines of kazaa, limewire, frostwire, etc. has potential to destroy your hard drive with a bad download.

IMO Frostwire is better, it is faster from what I have seen and has less "crap" downloads. It also has less viruses from what I have noticed. I have got several with Limewire, but yet I have yet to get a virus (from ANYTHING I might add) since I started using Frostwire... That says something, doesn't it?

^^Those are my points. That is why I think people should check it out if they are using Limewire.

Like i said i used to use kazaa and i was virus free until it became popular. Then i used limewire until it became popular because thats when people put bad downloads up. It will happen soon enough to frostwire.

IMO Frostwire is better, it is faster from what I have seen and has less "crap" downloads. It also has less viruses from what I have noticed. I have got several with Limewire, but yet I have yet to get a virus (from ANYTHING I might add) since I started using Frostwire... That says something, doesn't it?
Thats good then. I have tested both and both times downloading i have gotten viruses within days. This was about a year ago. Anything along the lines of kazaa, limewire, frostwire, etc. has potential to destroy your hard drive with a bad download.
They both connect to the same networks, so they both have the same amount of crap. You just need to be careful about what you download!

Frostwire runs on the same network as Limewire, Gnutella, so malicious files that are present when running LW will be with FW too.

^just a note, they are by the same company and they are the same program. using torrents like that has a high risk of screwing up your computer and promotes illegal pirating of musicians work.
For the record, the files you search for on the Gnutella network aren't torrents.

Fear mongering FTW.

Just use some common sense. A four minute song (for example) isn't 400KB and don't download songs that end in anything that isn't a normal extension for music. I've gotten probably 1 virus in the last few years of using Frostwire and it was immediately detected and removed by ESET NOD32 the second the file was downloaded.

^ I am fearful of it, because most people don't know that haha. They will see a song ending in .exe and install a m"music player" and there goes the computer.

Back
Top Bottom