Few bad days..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Well, haven't been on here too much, had a bad few days, computer wise that is.

The fantastic server I have with 480GB HDD, well, I have no more, the HDD blew up. Smoked out, everything.

I can't send it back because it's not part of the original computer, and out of the warranty, so that's long gone. It had alot of information on there which has gone off to a data recovery, because I really do need that stuff!

So I was stuck with this server, with just an 80GB HDD, which is far from enough space for us all.

So I've got this old computer, which I put Windows 2003 on, with an 80GB HDD and an extra 30GB HDD, but to of lost 290GB altogether, I'm gutted!

So I've got two servers running ATM, had to compress disk space to get every last GB out, because we have soooo many files. Once I've got the money, I'm looking at some 500GB drives, and I only want to use 1 server!

So the current servers are in my sig, and that's my blog update for now!

Well, luckily I've got an Uncle who runs a courier business, who is owed a favour, so we got it for £100 which I find very good, I just really need my work back, as well as my Mum's bank documents, Dad's work invoices, etc..

I know, I learnt the hard way. I'm hopefully going to buy a tape backup, or just put everything on DVD's, or even NAS.

I also hope I get all my website designs off the HDD, there were about 80 of them!

that sucks , i learnt the hard way when it comes to backups , when i had one of my tfirst comps and the hd just went on me , lost months of work and everthing , now i have 2 copies of anything i couldnt afford to loose , both stored in different locations , i will never forget what my IT teacher said to us all once ,Data Doseent exist until there are 2 copies of it " , about the only usefull thing he ever said to us

anyway good luck with the recovery as well

that sucks , i learnt the hard way when it comes to backups , when i had one of my tfirst comps and the hd just went on me , lost months of work and everthing , now i have 2 copies of anything i couldnt afford to loose , both stored in different locations , i will never forget what my IT teacher said to us all once ,Data Doseent exist until there are 2 copies of it " , about the only usefull thing he ever said to us

anyway good luck with the recovery as well

That's a nice lil' saying, added to sig :)

You could just use RAID with fault tolerance

I thought that, but doesnt stop it blowing up :)

That's a nice lil' saying, added to sig :)

I thought that, but doesnt stop it blowing up :)

you could use raid 1 , thats the only true way to have a copy of every piece of data , but it wouldnt have stopped your drive blowing but at least you would have had a backup copy , it would be expensive as well tho cos you would need like 2 500g hard drives

Back
Top Bottom