The fall of Microsoft?

V-Man

Baseband Member
I was listening to NPR the other day, and it said that all of India (I think) is switching ALL of their OS's to Linux, and ditching all of Microsoft! YAY! FINALLY!

I have to get back to school, so I will update this post when I get home. More to come.

--Pat Litke

Good :d I just got a letter from the Mircosoft Corporation (Martin Taylor) - hes the General Manager of Industry Stragety, and this letter is all about the switch... and they claim LINUX is more costly than windows..... What a bunch of ..................

but i like windows...if microsoft falls then ill have to use windows XP for the rest of my life...or macintosh!!! grrr

I get emails from ms about linux and stuff etc, yeah they like to clame that windows has a lower TCO.

No way, Microsoft my be a capitaistic Imeial monoply, but they are not going to fall any time soon, Windows, will stay w/ us to your grave.

Microsoft has way too much profit potential. Its market is huge. There is no fall of microsoft. Microsoft is also not a monopoly. Fuck Linux. It is useless garbage for those who actually want something practical. I expect myself to side with LK on this one.

Linux is garbage? Wtf? That's bullshit.. better GUI system (can't compare it to longhorn yet, but definately more advanced then XP), more secure, and much more powerful.. the user (if he knows what he or she or doing), can change the kernel and code to their desire with just a couple commands. Trust me, when you are talking about stable and secure servers, it's important.

I'm not denying the M$ isn't going anywhere in the next few years.. too much market, too much public brainwashing (Just like pretty much every other big corperation out there).

You know, I'm really kind of happy when you guys say you hate linux, and that's it's weaker the windows. Because that just means I'll get the better operating system, and you won't, so I have no complaints :p

I dunno all you stuck up windows lovers.

The government of Brazil says it will switch 300,000 government computers from Microsoft's Windows operating system to open source software like Linux. Microsoft founder Bill Gates wants to meet with Brazil's president to discuss the change. Brazil is dropping all proprietary software.

Heres the link to the audio from NPR.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4471963

The Brazilian Govt says "...Brazil poses the largest threats to micorosft there is right now..." assuming that they do go ahead and drop their Microsoft products.

pcmxkeith: where did you here that they were only going to make one more OS? If they did that, that they would SURLEY fall even quicker! Just thought I'd ask.

Well, I have to go and eat dinner. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom