electronics forum

is there a electronics forum? i knwo there is a genreal one here.

but is there like electechforums or something

i want to ask questions bout resistors and capacitors and all that good complicated stuff.

or is there a guy here i can IM with and discuss such things?

or can u guys handle that stuff? could i ask u guys? or du u not know anything.

I've studied electronics and digital logic briefly in high school..
Not exactly my area of interest entirely, but I'm sure someone is very experienced in electronics here.

k.

would this be considered a brigth led? if not, gimme a radioshack link to a bright one.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062551&cp=2032058.2032233.2032298&pg=1&fbx=0&allCount=20&fbn=Type%2F4-7+mm+lens&f=PAD%2FProduct+Type%2F4-7+mm+lens&fbc=1&fr=StorePrice%2FRSK%2F00000000%2F00000399&parentPage=family

and if i hooked it to a 5v power supply, it would not work. this runs on 2.2-2.4v

i would need a resistor right? anything more? and how many ohms would that be? i want to hooks a led to a usb cord. so when i plug it in it will light up...w/e

question 2. for another project i am building a 5v power supply off of a 9v battery. i am gonna hook it up to a LM7805. i read somewhere to attach a 220uf capacitor to the gournd and output pins of theLM7805. is that worth it? and should i add anything else? i also read somewher i should use a small resistor between those two pins too. should i juse anything else? or...what i am asking is tell me all u know about what i should do if i build a 5v power supply.

Back
Top Bottom