DUMB question about "computer jobs"

MRDumb

Solid State Member
My sister in law is telling me how she is going to send my niece to DeVry, and she will be making 60K + when she graduates. About the only thing my niece can do on a PC is use MS word, play Sims, and surf the net while not giving a crap about all the spyware she has on her box. What do you think?

Sounds like a good way to learn useful skillz for the workplace. Hopefully your niece will make the most of her time there and study hard.

I want to show her this thread. So one can expect someone who knows little about anything computer related, to be successful at DeVry and get employed in the field?

I agree. If she is determined and puts her mid to it and works hard she can no doubt do it.

MRDumb, do you know of a better way to learn about computers and administrative work in order to to get a good job?

If everyone on here thinks she should do it and it is a good idea will you still be showing her this thread MR Dumb?

Well there is a big difference between sending her daughter to a school basically forcing her to take something in school and your sister's daughter wanting to take computer courses and learn about it. If she is interested in the subject then she will have no problem excelling, otherwise it is a waste of money to be putting her in school.

Back
Top Bottom