DSi XL vs. Ipod Touch?

So i'd like to buy a portable gaming device. I've had 2 psp's but i hated the screen's due to ghosting and with sony cracking down on homebrew and what not,the homebrew scene is starting to dwindle and none of the games interest me at all. The thing i did most on my psp,dead set, was play pokemon yellow.

Though my brother DS (The 1st model,the brick) i find more enjoyable,the games are more creative,intuative and casual. Now my mate has an ipod touch and i find the same thing as the DS! Im not sure which to get.

Price aside,which would be best for casual gaming and some emulation action (Obviously i would have buy a flash cart for the DS)?

Why not an android based phone? There is a ton of homebrew going on there.

I would say iPod, but they have the crappy new bootrom that makes you have to plug it in to reboot if you jailbreak. Go for a 2nd generation if you go with iPod.

Wait for 3DS if you want a DS. Yes it's gimmicky, but it really is an interesting feature.

That's Next year,im not going to wait until next year :p

If i get one it'll be the 32gb so i can have the fancy new innards,if i used the untethered spirit JB,i wouldn't have this problem?

Huh I thought it was in November.

Unless something changed very recently, all the new 3rd generation iPods have to have a tethered jailbreak. You will have to plug it into a computer and run a program any time you want to turn it on.

Apparently there's no release date announced. Some say november 2010, some say march 2011 and other say november 2011. So im not worrying about that at the moment.

Oh i ninja edited me previous post about the Spirit JB that's untethered for 3rd gen ipod touches,i wouldt have that reboot issue with that would i?

If you want a portable gaming device, then go with the DS. The DS is more of a gaming system whereas the Ipod Touch is more of an PMP.

I would wait for the 3DS. It's backwards compatible with all previous games, and will have support of upcoming games in the future till Nintendo decides to release a new system.

Anyone know if the regular DS will support the 3DS games? I was watching some trailers on GameTrailers and some games said DS or 3DS, so I assumed you need the 3DS to play 3DS games.

Ok cool. You should be good then.

I still suggest looking at some android devices though. The G1 is less than $150 used now.

This is Australia we are talking about,the motorola droid is being released here on july 7th (Article Here). Quick search on ebay and the cheapest i can get a G1 is $330 :(

If you want a portable gaming device, then go with the DS. The DS is more of a gaming system whereas the Ipod Touch is more of an PMP.

I would wait for the 3DS. It's backwards compatible with all previous games, and will have support of upcoming games in the future till Nintendo decides to release a new system.

Anyone know if the regular DS will support the 3DS games? I was watching some trailers on GameTrailers and some games said DS or 3DS, so I assumed you need the 3DS to play 3DS games.
I was thinking this,nintendo spent HEAPS on R&D for the DS to be a GAMING console and im sure apply spent a similar amount on the ipod to be a MUSIC player.

On some blogs i have read the 3DS Games will not be backwards compatible .

On another note,i f*cking adored pokemon yellow and i had one of those pikachu tamagotchi (One of these), i just found out the Pokemon heart gold feastures the original pokemon and has a similar tamagotchi.

EEEEEEEEEKKKK.

Lol apple doesn't give a damn how their iPods function as music players. The audio quality is the worst out of pretty much any mp3 player you can buy. It is easily beaten by cassettes and FM radio. It compares to an AM radio station.

The iPod touch was clearly designed to function as a device capable of doing lots of things, gaming included. The graphics on my iPhone are leaps and bounds ahead of my DS.

Lol apple doesn't give a damn how their iPods function as music players. The audio quality is the worst out of pretty much any mp3 player you can buy. It is easily beaten by cassettes and FM radio. It compares to an AM radio station.

The iPod touch was clearly designed to function as a device capable of doing lots of things, gaming included. The graphics on my iPhone are leaps and bounds ahead of my DS.

Hence why i own a Creative Zen X-Fi - the sound quality is absolutely fantastic,bar none.

I Guess you are right but im starting to lean more for the DS as the emulator i want is availible on the DS and i kinda do want Pokemon Heart gold,scribblenauts and mario. Unless you can name some decent games on the touch?

Back
Top Bottom