Drivers Ed

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
so i just started my in car part yesterday. once i'm finished drivers ed, then i can go to the license bureau on the 19th to take my road test to get my license, cant wait :D.

i get to drive an 04 grand am se, all black with the chrome rims, its ballin :p just wish i could floor it down a side road :(

lol. anyone else take drivers ed? its supposed to lower my insurance by a good amount, so i hope it does :D

I wouldn't count on that much of a reduction. If you really want to reduce your car insurance bill do really well in school (most insurance companies offer a good student discount) or get married. Beyond that you'll have to have a 25th birthday to see any kind of significant drop.

I never took drivers ed, my parents paid me $50 to just take the test instead. I passed, got my permit, and got $50. It would cost $200 to take the course, so I just decided to save my parents some money.
The insurance company my parents use only require you to have an 3.00 GPA, which is what I got, so I would get a discount if I decided to buy a car and get my license. I got a free public transportation pass to get to school.

I took it, and I think the only useful thing I learned is... wait... didn't learn anything. In fact the lady tried to tell us that before ABS if you hit the brakes really hard they would lock and you had to disassemble them and the reassemble them.

She also made me stop like 500 times during the in car. I can easily go 3 hours without stopping. The freaking car was so tiny I had a hard time getting in and out because I'm so big.

And that is why I'd NEVER buy anything smaller than a crown vic.

well in ontario it lowers my insurance, in the long run its good, for priceing. i dont find the grand am is too small, its a great looking car too, i feel like a bad ass driving it :p

It does lower your insurance... I think you get the equivalent of 3 years driving experience (? read that somewhere, might not be true). I don't know how much and it's dependent on where you live, what car, prior accidents, etc anyway.

I'm making myself do YD in a few weeks, looks like a pretty comprehensive program and other than the insurance deduction and early license you can get with it, the techniques you learn could save your life. It's a complete ripoff compared to the other driving schools, their rates are topping $900 in St. John's while other driving schools are like $500-$600 and they pick you up at your house, it's costing me around $700.

I'm doing it in Grand Falls-Windsor (for several reasons) but I'm scared to death cause driving there is a nightmare and I can't drive in places I'm not familiar with at all...plus that damn Trans-Canada Highway through the center of the town, ugh.

Your insurance is going to be really high anyway if your male and under 25, and mine will be worse because I'm not even going to have a car (or insurance) in university and I'll have no driving experience to show when I get out...

actually my insurance is fairly reasonable, 80 under my parents and 300 on my own(not so reasonable). anyway your drives ed prices are outrageous, it was 590 for my program, and they pick me up. dont worry about driving in unfamiler places, im gonna be going on the high way soon, and it dosent scare me as much as city driving. in the cities you gotta watch for a lot more stuff jumping out in front of you

actually my insurance is fairly reasonable, 80 under my parents and 300 on my own(not so reasonable). anyway your drives ed prices are outrageous, it was 590 for my program, and they pick me up. dont worry about driving in unfamiler places, im gonna be going on the high way soon, and it dosent scare me as much as city driving. in the cities you gotta watch for a lot more stuff jumping out in front of you
I'm used to the city... never liked GFW, there are no dedicated left turn lanes (or right turn yields) on 95% of the intersections, some traffic lights are green both ways and some aren't, 4-way intersections everywhere where everyone goes at the same time and slams the brakes in the middle of the intersection, no streets are marked, you can be driving down a street that out of nowhere will merge onto the Trans-Canada Highway (I know those now though), bleh. The right/left lane ending and going straight onto a street with no name basically every 15 seconds.

There are 13,000 people there... I'm pretty sure 12,500 shouldn't have their drivers license.

Just look at the layout on this map:
http://transcanadahighway.com/newfoundland/GrandFalls-Windsor.htm

For the most part your rates will be MUCH higher until you reach the age of 25, At which point, The insurance company deems you mature enough to not be a risk any longer.

Back
Top Bottom