Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Social Lounge | Off Topic (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/)
-   -   Disturbed by some things here... (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/disturbed-some-things-here-117460.html)

setishock 02-24-2005 06:09 PM

Disturbed by some things here...

Encouraging people to steal copyrighted software from a P2P network.
Hacking of programs.
Disturbing indeed. Those that encourage others to steal software should be banned for life. They and others of like mind are the reason why software companies go to such great lengths to protect thier product. And why buyers of the software have to pay so much more and jump through so many hoops when we get it.
It is a sad day here when members do such things.
I am moving on now as a result of this.
Later Man...
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=10293

jack22 02-24-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Disturbed by some things here...

What? Your posts are confusing to me.

root 02-24-2005 06:35 PM

somebody wanted movie software, and another person suggested that he downloaed it off Kazaa

setishock doesn't want to associate with a bunch of software pirate4s and hackers and sys he'll leave...

Does that ease the confusion?

rakedog 02-24-2005 06:39 PM

Lmao... whatever....

The people in the music industy are corrupt and already recieving too much money. The four big recording companies get more then enough money from CD sales, so I'm not going to pay money until CD prices go down. And when I mean down, I mean so that I CAN FUCKING AFFORD IT AS A TEENAGER WHO HAS OTHER WAYS TO SPEND THE MONEY. Which will probably mean never.

And you should never ever feel guilty pirating M$ products. They get far too much money as it is.

root 02-24-2005 06:44 PM

It's not right to take anything without paying for it, software piracy is theft...

(and no, I'm not being sarcastic!)

jack22 02-24-2005 06:49 PM

musicians dont need all that money. If they wanted to stop it they could and you know it. IT IS JUST A SONG. Ok movies, mayby thats too much but songs are overpriced for hearing something. Everything should be free, everyody be friends, and we would all be equal, no wars, and poverty is gone and so is corruption.

Windwaker222 02-24-2005 06:59 PM

and that is pretty much where Communism comes in...

although the world would probably end up in total chaos

Mental Liberator 02-24-2005 07:11 PM

LOVE
PEACE
&

ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!!

:) will never work, and no pirates ever in a popular forum will never happen also... let him leave, just because we dont have the money to afford what the govermetn takes from us, let the kid leave.

Giancarlo 02-24-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack22
musicians dont need all that money. If they wanted to stop it they could and you know it. IT IS JUST A SONG. Ok movies, mayby thats too much but songs are overpriced for hearing something. Everything should be free, everyody be friends, and we would all be equal, no wars, and poverty is gone and so is corruption.

Airy fairy. To produce songs it takes money. I think of P2P as crushing the hopes of those who do work in the field of music (I'm not talking about musicians.. but lower level staff in music distribution companies. P2P is screwing them over and putting people out of jobs. Everything should be free? I'm sorry but that's nonsense. There is a finite amount of resources. All be equal? More nonsense. Some of us are more equal then others because we have skills that are better then them. What you propose would cause misery like that in communism. Corruption is eliminated in capitalism because government is down-sized, while in your system government is increased. No wars? Not likely. We have been fighting since Mesopotamia. It is part of human nature. Not only that war brings scientific and medical advancement. WWII brought the advancement of pencillin.

rakedog 02-24-2005 07:34 PM

Quote:

WWII brought the advancement of pencillin.
Not to mention 52,000,000 dead.......

Quote:

It is part of human nature.
Well, that's true.

Quote:

but lower level staff in music distribution companies
Yeah, because the upper level producers are asking for SO much money.. you should check out the ratio's of who gets the most money..

jack22 02-24-2005 07:36 PM

I wish we had communisim. If it is done properly then communisim could be very good. Who wants to make a communistic country with me? And a note to you Gian, you have your views, dont come out and just bury someone's beliefs. I dont appreciate it.

Giancarlo 02-24-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakedog
Not to mention 52,000,000 dead.......

Which is very unfortunate. But that's war. It isn't pretty. If Zhukhov or Patton were still alive they would tell you the same.

Quote:

Yeah, because the upper level producers are asking for SO much money.. you should check out the ratio's of who gets the most money..
It is the company that is ultimately effected by any P2P stealing.

Jack, communism doesn't work. The Soviet Version collapsed in 1991 with the Soviet Union. The Maoist version has long been abandoned in China. China is now capitalist. Every country will eventually become capitalist. The Hoi Chi Minh communist state of Vietnam is now more capitalist. I'll bury communism because it is dead.

Tweak 02-24-2005 08:54 PM

I agree with Jack....Im sure a lot of the people complaining about their songs being pirated are doing it themselves, even with all that money they have....

NOFX 02-25-2005 12:49 AM

Ok, I like others have been guilty of pirating. But you have to think that these people who make movies and stuff pour alot of time and effort into them. Who gives a shit if the get a truckload of money, the film is still rightfully theirs and no one else has the right to steal it from them. This is the same with the music industry.

pcmxkeith 02-25-2005 12:52 AM

I agree but disagree.. as far as im concerned they make enough... so therefore

http://www.pcmx-mi.com/pic/boycott-riaa-title.gif

pcmxkeith 02-25-2005 12:56 AM

but... you know if they just allowed cheaper CD's and software i could almost gaurentee there would be less piracy

NOFX 02-25-2005 12:56 AM

Why? What have they done wrong?

pcmxkeith 02-25-2005 12:57 AM

but... you know if they just allowed cheaper CD's and software i could almost gaurentee there would be less piracy... they did nothing wrong... but its just too expensive for consumers.

NOFX 02-25-2005 01:06 AM

Hang on. You say that cheaper CDs will, reduce piracy. So lets way up the options, we have a reduced CD or a Free CD, with less hassle. What do you think the bulk of people are going to choose. There is no way piracy is going to stop unless, record companies start selling CDs for nothing. So you say that the Record Industry has done nothing, then why boycott them?

pcmxkeith 02-25-2005 01:09 AM

Lol.. I know plenty of people who pirate software / music and they only do it because of the price.. Thats pretty much the #1 reason of stealing the software / music because of price... Im not saying give it out.. but to lower cd prices... i like to download but thenagain i would also like to have the cd so then if im traveling or in a hurry i just grab it and i dont need to burn a cd... I admit i always "steal" music however, i dont share it or burn it