The cup...

ErdricK

In Runtime
Took this at a super high speed...cool hey?

IMG_2444.jpg

Lots of point and shoot cameras allow manual operation. If yours doesn't, DSLR cameras are getting cheaper.

Thanks! I had the shutter open for 1/800th of a second.

I did it with some Red Dye as well just for fun.

Basically I am doing this to learn more about the functions of the camera. I thought it would be fun to learn by trial and error rather than reading a boring manual haha...

redcup.jpg

that looks really cool, what camera u taking these pics with ??

Thanks - its a Canon Rebel T2i using the 18-55mm lens it came with. I would prefer a 50mm lens with an 1.8F which would be epic for these shots and is only $99 BUT we are snowed in with a massive storm and I don't really feel safe driving right now

Really kewl! I had that kind of effect with a running shower when I was testing. You could see individual droplets and if you zoomed in, you could see individual reflections in the water droplets.

Thanks! I had the shutter open for 1/800th of a second.

[...]

According to the metadata in your first photograph the shutter speed was 1/60 of a second. The flash duration was probably 1/800 of a second.

Your second photograph, with the red dye, shows a shutter speed of 1/200 of a second. What was the flash duration?

hmmmm weird....I thought I had it set to that....maybe I am miss reading the settings

Back
Top Bottom