Crysis better not be for 360

superman22x

Golden Master
Is it coming to 360 the same time as PC? Thats what my friend says, and I dont wanna believe him, so is it true?

It's definitely not coming out anytime soon. It's possible that it may come out eventually, but not at the same time as the PC version. Right now, Crytek is focusing all their energy on Crysis for PC.

There are also rumors that the 360 and PS3 can't handle Crysis, but that's just a rumor.

I'd like to see Crysis on the next gen consoles eventually. Not even for Crysis, just so the CryEngine could be used in other next gen console games.

Good, thats what I thought, but now the same kid is trying to say that they arent even making a DX10 version, lol. I hate when ppl try and argue with me, when they dont really know what they are talking about.

It's currently a PC exclusive, but it could easily be ported to the PS3 or Xbox 360 if EA chose to do so.

The hardware is definately powerful enough, of course minus the DirectX 10 because the hardware uses the DirectX 9 API.

they would deff have to turn down the graphics
i mean the min requirements are like 1.5g
wats the ps3 and 360 got 512?
pulse the 360 cpu i believe isnt a true multi core
and the cell just suxs
id rather play on pc
its so much better graphics wise

It's currently a PC exclusive, but it could easily be ported to the PS3 or Xbox 360 if EA chose to do so.

The hardware is definately powerful enough, of course minus the DirectX 10 because the hardware uses the DirectX 9 API.

IF EA chose to import this game on a console I wouldn't be surprised if it's very crappy because it's been coded wrong like BF2 and it's sucking 2GB for max settings;). On the other hand, if it does than that will be a first:D

and the cell just suxs
id rather play on pc

ye but that's if the game truly takes it. CSS recommends 512MB but I only see it taking 200MB's (max) in taskmanager out of my 1Gig

and the cell just suxs
id rather play on pc

Don't take pure paper specs too lightly.

The Xbox 360's CPU is a true multi-core processor. Three symmetrical cores to be exact.

As for the Cell sucking...you haven't seen the best of it thats all. The Cell Processor is a VERY, VERY difficult piece of hardware to work with. To completely take full use of it's power will take a while, but expect good results.

As for PC being better in terms of graphics, you do have to consider other factors. Just the price of a graphics card that can manage Crysis is about the same price as an Xbox 360 itself. That's what gives console gaming an edge over PC gaming. You don't need to worry about hardware because almost all the games will have been programmed to use most of the console's hardware power. Another advantage is that you can easily plug and play with a console. You don't need to worry about drivers, installation, hardware requirements, game settings or any of that crap. You just put the disk in and play. Done and done.

IF EA chose to import this game on a console I wouldn't be surprised if it's very crappy because it's been coded wrong like BF2 and it's sucking 2GB for max settings;). On the other hand, if it does than that will be a first:D

If you think about it, the 2GB RAM requirement for BF2 is actually fairly decent since most of the maps are huge. BF2 isn't some little CS:S like game with small maps. They're mostly huge maps with 32 to 64 players and numerous vehicles, helicopters and planes flying around. Think if it like an MMOFPS.

As for Crysis requiring that much, I wouldn't be suprised. The CryEngine 2 has a penchant for high-end hardware.

Either way, comparing games for PC's and games for consoles is mostly an apples to oranges comparison.

i hope the game comes out to the x box 360 that means more compatibility for the x box and the pc ppl on the pc can own the ppl on the x box!!!it would be cool to have duel launch dates but i would never count on it.

Back
Top Bottom