Computer noise

Half Evil

Golden Master
I have noticed that, when running virus scan, and what not, my harddrive can be very noisy. (because its set to performance.) But really, outta everything that makes noise on your computer, who really cares. I know i sure dont, as long as i get the performance out of it. So what do you guys think?

well ofcourse the performance is the most important one.
But I do like my computer to be silent (well it's not silent now) rather than it sounding like a jet engine.

Lol yeah, well when mine is doing anything BUT a virus scan, its perfectly quiet.

Mine's quiet, but it doesn't really bother me if it was to be loud, except when i try to sleep. Lately my video card fan has been making the loudest friggen' noise ever! I had to pull it out and play around with the fan, it's gone for now but who knows when it will come back. lol.

My computer is pretty quiet. I like it to be pretty quiet because it is usually on when I sleep. Although before the fan controller for my psu broke so the fans on my powersupply ran at max all the time. Now that was freakin loud, ecspecially for a "silent powersupply."

It really dose depend on what you want to do with your computer:
1) playing music or games you would want a quiter machine so it dose not disturbe you
2) writing/editing/reading documents/the web it dosnt really matter so much if your machine is louder.

well i would want it for writing, and if your listening to music or playing games you just crank the volume to max!

wiktorek01 said:
if your listening to music or playing games you just crank the volume to max!
Anoys people, you should always respect other peoples rights for a bit of peace and quite. You can also damage your eas so i wouldnt advise it

My computer is quiet-ish, but my dad insists I'm off it by 12 every night(he even takes the router to bed with him :mad: ) so he always listens up the stairs when he goes to bed and, even though I just sit there silently when I know he's listening, my fanalways gives it away!

:(

mines quite enough ... i stil here till 4am and noone knows ... aslong as i turn off the speakers, but there is 2 structal walls between me and my dad

Back
Top Bottom