Closed threads?

miked8887

Baseband Member
What's the point of closing threads? I just tried to post something about the 'age discrimination' thread on this forum (even though I'm 27), and then I realized that it was closed. I can't think of any good reason to close the thread. That's just like telling us to shut up about it already. Considering that many people posting on that thread are under a certain AGE to be concerned enough to post, then closing it is just like FURTHER age discrimination. You know?

i just took a look at that thread

and i would have closed it also, mabey not then, but at some point

that thread, i can see from here, was going down the drain.....and fast

Well, there is no good reason to close that one... It wasnt ready to burst into flames or anything. It was 2 days old. Bumped by the person who started it on the 31st, so there is nothing wrong with it.

Well, there is no good reason to close that one... It wasnt ready to burst into flames or anything. It was 2 days old. Bumped by the person who started it on the 31st, so there is nothing wrong with it.

forgot to look at the dates

dur!!! lol :D

The age discrimination thread was closed because it was posted in after 2 months which is against forum rules.

I was just updating.

Not than anyone cares... But, I myself would have cared more if someone posted two threads about it instead of updating the one that was already there!

The age discrimination thread was closed because it was posted in after 2 months which is against forum rules.
No, 2 days. The person that started the thread bumped his own thread, so there is nothing wrong there, and then there were follow up posts. The rule is not bringing up dead threads, if a thread lasts 2 months on its own, that's different.

No, 2 days

How is September 1st to October 31st two days?

Either way to answer the OP's question threads generally get closed for a few reasons. One of which being general age. If a thread hasn't been posted in for a month it is considered off limits by forum rules. If the owner of the tread wants to update it, they should make a new thread with reference to that one.

A second reason is for repeated arguments that cleaning up the thread hasn't stopped. A fair amount of threads that I close have had arguments that have been removed, but only reappeared and it's not worth our time to keep clearing that kind of stuff out.

Thirdly, if the thread is about something that shouldn't be on a forum like ours, or it has gone to crap right from the start, it'll be closed.

Last reason is just for announcement threads that normal members shouldn't have any need to post in.

Back
Top Bottom