Chinese of Japanese?

BGates14

In Runtime
I'm learning a new language, I just stopped learning German I didn't really like it that much and it's mostly because of the teacher I have to put up with for the next two years if I continue it. Anyway, I want to learn Chinese or Japanese but I'm not sure which, opinions?

Thats what I'm leaning towards but I also realized there was Japanese and I know they're related so it crossed my mind.

Japanese is fun! Unless you plan to go there or are an anime fan, then don't lot more chinese then Japanese!

well. you could play some games before they come out in english if you learn japanese.. but im too lazy to learn anything but spanish

Does Japanese come more with Chinese or do neither come with each other? Like if you learn one of them does any or more of the other language come as a side with it?

I'd pick Japanese, only because I'm fluent in Chinese, Japanese really sounds like a more interesting language, it sounds a lot nicer than Chinese. Chinese is really harsh sounding.. but in terms of practicability, Chinese would be your best bet, rising world power, granted alot of Chinese citizens understand english now.

well think of it this way. who's culture do you find more interesting? I don't know how other places teach forign languages but in my area it involves a study of their cutlure and way of life as well. If you find the Chineese more interesting than the Japanese then choose Chineese. or vis-versa.

Japanese is a interesting language, but Chinese is realistically more important. With more companies outsourcing to China and India, language fluency is becoming a very big factor when companies are hiring employees.

Of course, it really depends what interests you most. Like Celegorm said, choose the language that you find more interesting. It's no use learning a language you're not interested in, because you simply won't learn it as well.

Japanese is a interesting language, but Chinese is realistically more important. With more companies outsourcing to China and India, language fluency is becoming a very big factor when companies are hiring employees.

That's true, but if he is into technology Japaneese would also be kinda big seeing as how some of the big-name companies are based there. Sony and Nintendo for example.

Back
Top Bottom