buying a laptop

MonsterG

Solid State Member
i have a question. i want to buy a laptop for watching movies/digital imaging such as photoshop and gaming. counterstrike for example. would a laptop with the following components be good for that?

– Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic

– Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T5600(1.83GHz/2MB L2Cache)

– 15.4" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)

– Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 - Core

– HP Imprint Finish + Microphone

– 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

– FREE Upgrade from 60GB 5400RPM to 80GB 5400RPM!!

– FREE Upgrade: 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support

– Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

– High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

thanks for any help you can offer

thats the same as my laptop except i didnt get the 80gb upgrade and i only have a 1.6ghz core 2 duo. decent enough laptop for what i paid for it. it will handle photoshop cs2/3 perfectly fine. as for counterstrike it should also be able to handle that aswell (correct me if im wrong)

the only thing i would upgrade (if possable) would be the video. other than that, it looks nice.

also what should i upgrade it to?

i am buying it off of the HP website so i have limited options:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 - Celeron

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 - Core

256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400

MonsterG said:
the hdd is good enough?

I think the hhd is fine, you have plenty of punch w/that prosessor, and you have plenty of memory for it.

-edit-

I only think you need a bigger hhd if you plan on saving stuff on it, instead of cd's or dvd's.

MonsterG said:
the hdd is good enough?
Only thing i can see wrong with the HDD is that its a 5400RPM, it could be upgraded, but i dont see it causing you any problems.

~mr mixx~ said:
I think the hhd is fine, you have plenty of punch w/that prosessor, and you have plenty of memory for it.

-edit-

I only think you need a bigger hhd if you plan on saving stuff on it, instead of cd's or dvd's.
maybe some pictures i make in photoshop/music but thats about it

MonsterG said:
maybe some pictures i make in photoshop/music but thats about it

Then i believe it will be suffice, you can always upgrade later on...and by then the price will drop too.

Back
Top Bottom