Buying a car

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm considering getting a new car. For sure, BMWs and Mercedes are not on my list. Too overrated in my opinion. I'm looking towards the Lexus IS250 RWD. I can't really afford the $48,000 + for the IS350. What are your opinions for this particular model? It looks like a carryover from the IS300, but bigger and more luxurious. If so, doesn't look like it's worth the price tag, right?

Here's the link by the way. Hope it has my configs right:

http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/pub/setAccessories.do

Man, can't get the exact web page--but you can click on the IS link.

Get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution :)

I don't know about your area, but the base for me was around 30,000.

Don't do it, Lexus is just over typed Toyota. They are owned by the same people and built under the same standards.

Thats the exact same as Nissan and Infinity.

My personal opinion is to go with a fully loaded Maxima.

http://www.nissanusa.com/maxima/

As fast as it is, I'm too lazy to shift. Plus, I hear the Evos have a lot of problems in the long run. Probably because owners race them, lol. I commute a lot to work and school which is why automatic is preferred. But what do you think about the IS250 though? It doesn't seem to have the kind of power as the Evo, but it does have the V6 motor. The projectors look sooooo sweet!!!

TRDCorolla said:
As fast as it is, I'm too lazy to shift. Plus, I hear the Evos have a lot of problems in the long run. Probably because owners have them racing them, lol. I commute a lot to work and school which is why automatic is preferred. But what do you think about the IS250 though? It doesn't seem to have the kind of power as the Evo, but it does have the V6 motor. The projectors look sooooo sweet!!!

The IS is a sweet looking car. Auto/manual is preference, personally I can't stand to drive automatics, unless I'm in stop and go traffic. You know you can get it with 300hp right?

You ever thought about getting an Audi? I'm buying one when I can afford one.

TRDCorolla said:
I'm considering getting a new car. For sure, BMWs and Mercedes are not on my list. Too overrated in my opinion. I'm looking towards the Lexus IS250 RWD. I can't really afford the $48,000 + for the IS350. What are your opinions for this particular model? It looks like a carryover from the IS300, but bigger and more luxurious. If so, doesn't look like it's worth the price tag, right?

Here's the link by the way. Hope it has my configs right:

http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/pub/setAccessories.do

Man, can't get the exact web page--but you can click on the IS link.
Can you afford a car like that? Thats 30 grand you know.

You should just keep your Corolla until it dies. It's not that old is it?

Yeah, the IS350 is the 306 HP version. Drool, period. Also, yeah, I can afford it--which is why I'm looking to "upgrade" to the luxury line. I got promoted at work so I got all the benefits package, much higher pay, paid vacation, etc. I still don't want to be spending too, too much on a car because I like driving new cars. I don't want to lease either because of the restrictions and plus knowing the car really isn't yours to keep is just a drag (especially when you want to customize it).

The Corolla itself is an 03 so it's like new still. I want to part it so I'm just going to use it as a trade value since I still some money on it. I made the mistake of refinancing it awhile back (that was before I got the job). Now I regret that decision, damn. I will consider the Audi too, athough that never came to mind. I'm so use to seeing the Lexus IS around town and they look really good, especially if you add the ground effects to them with the 18" wheels.

get a Jag. haha. way too much..

The 350Z's aren't bad.

I wouldn't get a lexus though...seriously. They are way over priced if you ask me..

you can really afford car's with this price tag? if so i would definatly be careful and make sure you really really like what your looking at. that is a seriously big buy and you want to browse everything. Don't get your mind set on a lexus. Audi and volvo are both great options as well

Back
Top Bottom