Brothers PC build finished: wiring, haha

Kage

Golden Master
Haha just finished putting together my brothers build.
What you think of the wiring? :p

brosbuild.jpg

I'm going to be cleaning it now, but thats what it looks like now! :eek:
Its what I tend to do. Plug everything in at first, and then if it works, sort the wiring out.

Impressed with the CPU temp in the BIOS. It was showing 21 degrees C. Thats a massive drop from my 9700 when in there!

I'm really tempted to steal that GTX though... and give him my GTS 640...

In comparison. This is mine finished. Its not clean, clean, but its the best I could do with the non-modular wiring, so most of the wires at the bottom are just put under the gap between the first HDD caddy:

mybuild.jpg

Could probably do a better job than that, but its doing perfectly fine.

Maybe I just suck at wiring...

mine looked like that for a while, then I got some case fans and decided to move them so they looked neat. its really clean now.

What processor did you end up using?

What are the temps like with the Tuniq Tower on there?

Wiring = dropped bowl of spaghetti

:D

Haha :p I will be re-wiring it shortly. I think the massive amounts of wiring is due to the massive clump of Satas and Molex's I can't that I won't use. So I need to find somewhere else to hide them. Maybe if I take the sleeves off, I'll be able to bend the wires easier at the bottom.

Ended up using the Q6600 g0, the same as mine :)

And, as for the Tuniq, well, in the BIOS (haven't got Windows installed yet), its showing 21 degrees C, whereas my 9700 with the Q6600 shows 30 degrees C in the BIOS (35 degrees C when overclocked to 3.2ghz as it is at the moment)

a 9 degree C difference... wasn't expecting that.

It was sure a hell to fit though. I don't have exactly small hands so fitting into the gaps was hard. Haha, after fitting the motherboard back in, I realised I had to plug the 12v connections in, which were above the Tuniq. I managed it though without taking it out again.

Thats a nice lookin cpu heatsink with that cover on and congrats on the wiring - looks great

I stink at wiring. I still haven't even made much of an attempt at cleaning my new build up. I just stuffed all the power supply wires not being used in the open 5.25" bays... Last I checked I was getting about 39C with my Zalman 9500 and E6600, could it be due to the bad wiring job I got, or does the heatsink need new thermal paste?

I also got to figure out how to plug in the front audio ports to my mobo. Maybe Thelis knows how as I know he has the same case I do (Cooler Master Elite 330), and at least a similar if not the same mobo (EVGA 680i).

Anyways, nice wiring job IMO. My build is gonna be hard to do because of the long cables of the power supply, and the fact that there are so many of them.

yh my wiring sucks i tend to go for the "natural look" lol plus i have a windowed case so i think it looks better with a few wires here and there.

it would be 10 X easier if i would stop bein cheap and invest in a PSU which u only plug in the things your using

......... And, as for the Tuniq, well, in the BIOS (haven't got Windows installed yet), its showing 21 degrees C, whereas my 9700 with the Q6600 shows 30 degrees C in the BIOS (35 degrees C when overclocked to 3.2ghz as it is at the moment)

a 9 degree C difference... wasn't expecting that.

It was sure a hell to fit though. I don't have exactly small hands so fitting into the gaps was hard. Haha, after fitting the motherboard back in, I realised I had to plug the 12v connections in, which were above the Tuniq. I managed it though without taking it out again.
That is an interesting variance, I wouldn't have expected that big a difference either, I'm guessing you got that temp with the side off the case yes?? it will be interesting to see what difference having the case buttoned up and enclosed makes. I've always had an issue with having the psu at the bottom of the case, why have a 120mm exhaust fan in the coolest thermal region of a case for one and most of the wiring for a m/board just seems easier to hide with a top mounted psu. I very much doubt I'd ever build another pc without using a modular psu again either btw, man wiring is just sooooooo much easier without all the redundant feeds.

Keep us posted mate, I'm quite interested to see the final temp differential between the Tuniq and the Zalman as I'm thinking I may swap out my 9700NT for the 120 Ultra Extreme yet, I'm still getting ~46-47°C at 100% load on four cores at stock speeds in an ambient air temp of mid to high 20's with the Zalman running at ~2200rpm, I'm not too happy with that considering summer air temps here can reach 40°C in the shade. :eek:

I added my Scythe Karma bay cooler last night and it is now flooding the case with more air than the exhaust fan can cope with so my temps actually rise if I run it at greater than 1500rpm, I'm going to add another 80mm Thermaltake Smartfan II to the empty pci case slots which should help pull some of the exhaust from the 8800 out of the case. I have also made the cardboard shroud for the three rear most exhaust vents on the 8800 so it no longer dumps inside the case but is directed to the top half of the rear 80mm fan leaving the bottom half to exhaust the space under the video card. I'll get a nicely finished aluminium one folded up when I'm happy with the design or just keep the cardboard one until they (finally) manage to import the ZM-RHS88 ram heatsink I need to mount a Zalman VF1000 on the card, the retards who import the VF1000 "forgot" to import the RHS88, lol.

....... congrats on the wiring - looks great

...... Anyways, nice wiring job IMO......

Did you guys even look at the pics? or did you forget to add the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags. :confused:

With all due respect to Kage as he has repeatedly stated he has not addressed it yet, the wiring is a disgusting mess.

If that looks good to you guys god alone knows what your cases look like.

Lift your sights a little higher and try for something like this.

My Thermaltake Soprano (click to enlarge)

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom